Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Challenges with MeshWriteData

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by taylank, Jul 19, 2019.

1. taylank

taylank

I am trying to use generateVisualContent delegate to create a procedural line mesh, and I am having some issues. So imagine a vertical line segment from A (bottom) to B(top). I want to draw a line from start to end with a width value. So say w = 5 * Vector2.right.

So my vertices for a given segment should be:
    0: A.position + w
    1: A.position - w
    2: B.position - w
    3: B.position - w
    4: B.position + w
    5. A.position + w

Right?

I set these vertices with the SetAllVertices method, followed by a series of SetNextIndex calls from 0 to 5. Then nothing appears on screen. Interestingly when I set the indices in reverse order, from 5 to 0, I get something.

upload_2019-7-18_19-28-29.png

Half my mesh is now visible, but I can't figure out why the other half (the second triangle) is not appearing at all. I tried changing the order of the vertices and I think I tried pretty much every combination, but still no luck. I feel like I'm doing some dumb mistake and it's driving me crazy. HALP!

2. taylank

taylank

Oh nevermind, I'm an idiot. I had the wrong z depth on the last vertex.

unityunity