Search Unity

Certification recommendation

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by scastro, May 5, 2021.

1. scastro

scastro

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out which certification I should take, but is kind of difficult without basically spending money on it. Maybe someone here could help me with that.

My main goal is trying to get a job. Since I have a lot of experience in Software Development (+20 years, apps and games) my idea is to get a certification to increase my chances.

Looking into the different options I realize the most basic should be Certified User: Programmer, but from the description it looks super basic and a lot of what's in there I already know. So, I check on the next category, Certified Associate, both Programmer and Game Developer. My guess is that the CA Programmer should be my goal, but is the Game Developer much harder that this one? Should still take the CU Programmer instead of the CA Programmer?

Any comments/suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

2. Abocksu

Abocksu

Is there lots of C#/Unity in these 20 years? Because looking at the official descriptions of the 4 levels, it looks like you can at least go to the Professional one, if not expert.

3. scastro

scastro

Thanks for your answer.

I do C#/Unity mostly on my personal time during the last year or so. That's why I'm trying to go for the entry level certifications. For work I built some games but mostly for mobile platforms with some other low level engines, never with Unity.

4. Yeoman742

Yeoman742

I just completed the CA Programmer courseware. I haven't taken the test as of yet. If you have experience with Unity and I mean both in game development and c# programming, you shouldn't have that hard of a time with test. You might consider going for Expert, obviously it will dig deeper than either the CU or CA. Another suggestion is the free Pathway courses on here, if you can easily do those you're probably good on working towards Expert.

5. Sundiray

Sundiray

I am sorry but that is awful advice. Not only haven't you taken the test yet but you are also only talking about CA. People who have done the professional level have already stated that it is a lot more excessive than the previous tier yet you blindly recommend expert tier to someone.