Search Unity

certificate-extension for OSX? No documentation?

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by zezba9000, Jun 10, 2015.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

"file:///~/tizen2.3-certificate-extension" Doesn't work for OSX. What is the URL for OSX?
    I get a "Cannot find file in repository" error.

This link only gives info for Windows and Ubuntu but not OSX:
    http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000198

Seems like this should be an option in the installer app.

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

I've had good luck by unzipping the extension to the root level of the hard drive and referencing like so:

file:///tizen2.3-certificate-extension

3. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ok i'm starting to take a real look at Tizen stuff.

So far this looks like the another half-baked installer with no clear reason as to why I must manually do something that should have been done automatically with a click of a button.
    What is the "tizen2.3-certificate-extension"? Because it doesn't exist. Where did you get it from. The Tizen docs give no explanations for why this is even needed just to test out an app....

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

The extension along with more information can be found here:

http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-z

5. zezba9000

zezba9000

6. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ok sorry my bad. So much scattered Tizen docs. I don't know what I should be looking at.
    Reminds me of BB10. Or "x11" docs because i'm being a winny kid right now ;)

7. zezba9000

zezba9000

Now in Unity when I try a simple Build&Run I get the error: "Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration"

If I build a test native tizen app via there IDE and try to run it I get the error:
    "Cannot install application.
    Error code: FATAL_ERROR
    Error message: Success
    Command: /usr/bin/pkgcmd -q -i -t tpk -p /opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest-1.0.1-arm.tpk
    Management: Installation or uninstallation is not working temporarily."

The IDE shows my device there so idk whats wrong.
    I have installed the extension as you suggested. That worked. I rebooted Unity and the Tizen IDE for testing but still same errors.

I've also made sure I ran the terminal command from Unity docs: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html
    That returned good values: "Setting configuration is succeeded...."

Doesn't seem to effect anything. I'm using a Z1 phone. Unity 5.1.1, TizenSDK 2.3.0_r3

Also reset my computer, no luck.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. zezba9000

zezba9000

Where is the CSR file location on OSX after generating. It wants me to select that file after generating but doesn't actually tell me where it is...

I found a ".csr" file in "tizen-sdk-data/keystore" but have no idea if thats valid. Seems to work but its so unclear.

9. zezba9000

zezba9000

So the ".crt" file loaded but now I have to load a Base64 Device ID. I can't find this anywhere on the phone.
    I really expected this device to compete with Android and how open it was. Guess I was mistaken.

10. zezba9000

zezba9000

Well got the Tizen Native IDE to build, deploy and run a test GLES2 app on the device.
    Unity still has issue and gives the error: "Profiles path in Tizen CLI configuration does not exist"

What is the profiles path in the CLI configuration?

I don't know how Unity isn't working when the native IDE is able to. One reason I wish Unity would start building out to native IDE's like it does for xCode and WinRT.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  11. zezba9000

zezba9000

Even entering my "Signing Profile Name" doesn't work. Iv'e also updated to Unity 5.1.1p4.
    The "Signing Profile Name" defined within Unity should be the same name when entered into the "Generated Developer Certificate Signing Request" window within the Tizen IDE correct? Its not clear where the value comes from as its not working.

12. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Yes, that is the correct profile name. Are there any spaces in the path to your project? That can cause some build issues.

13. zezba9000

zezba9000

No there are no spaces. There are the characters "-" used in place of spaces but I don't see how this would effect it?
    The path to that key name should be loading from a different path anyway.

Also note everything works correctly in the Tizen IDE and I can build and run apps from it on the device. I don't need to enter any key name in that IDE either. Not sure why Unity needs this. Maybe a list of available names should be shown instead of manually typing one as I don't see whats wrong.

14. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

It shouldn't be a problem but could you try a path without "-" as well? A bug fix will be coming in the next patch release that should resolve this.

Also, could you verify that the Tizen CLI configuration is correct?

tizen-sdk/tools/ide/bin/tizen cli-config -l
    tizen-sdk/tools/ide/bin/tizen cli-config -g -l
    will show you the configurations. Ensure that default.profiles.path key is set to a valid path.

Unity needs the profile name because there could be several on any given machine. Just like how you need to choose your signing information for Android and BB10. If you would like a list of profiles rather than entering the name then please submit a feature request.

15. zezba9000

zezba9000

The results from these were:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$ ~/tizen-sdk/tools/ide/bin/tizen cli-config -l
    2. default.build.architecture=x86
    3. default.build.compiler=llvm
    4. default.build.configuration=Debug
    5. default.profiles.path=/path/to/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.tizen.common.sign/profiles.xml
    6. default.sdb.timeout=60000
    7. Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$ ~/tizen-sdk/tools/ide/bin/tizen cli-config -g -l
    8. default.build.architecture=x86
    9. default.build.compiler=llvm
    10. default.build.configuration=Debug
    11. default.profiles.path=/path/to/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.tizen.common.sign/profiles.xml
    12. default.sdb.timeout=60000
    13. Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$
    So I open the profiles.xml file and see it does in fact have the name iv'e been using.
    Its has two profile names: <profilename="Reign"> and <profilename="default">.
    I tried both and neither work.

I've also removed the "-" character in the file path so my full Unity project file path is now: "~/Dev/Reign/ReignUnityPluginUnity5/" or "HardDrive/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/ReignUnityPluginUnity5/"

Android signing information works great as you keep the key in a file location of your choosing and its super easy to back-up. BB10 doesn't let you choose and can only have one installed at a time. Tizen seems like it has multiple which is good but requires you to make a temp Eclipse project for it which doesn't make any sense. Maybe i'm wrong and Tizen has a command line alternative. If that was the case it might be better to have a UnityUI option that does it for you like BB10.

Let me know if you need any other information, i'm not sure if I hit some bug or something is messed up in my environment.

16. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

I think I see the problem.

default.profiles.path=/path/to/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.tizen.common.sign/profiles.xml

/path/to/workspace is supposed to be replaced by the path to where the workspace is that you created with the Tizen IDE.

17. zezba9000

zezba9000

Well that fixed the build error (man I need to read those terminal lines more). Now it fully builds the tpk file tries to upload it, then run it but fails with no error at all.

Tizen IDE still uploads and runs apps just fine. I notice there error messages kinda suck though. If there is an upload error it still returns error code 0. So maybe thats why you don't know if it didn't upload correctly?

18. zezba9000

zezba9000

If I try to upload via the terminal it doesn't work either (times out):

Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$ /Users/andrew/tizen-sdk/tools/sdb install "/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/Builds/ReignUnityPlugin_Tizen.tpk"

pulled ReignUnityPlugin_Tizen.tpk100% 9MB

1 file(s) pulled. 0 file(s) skipped.

/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/Builds/ReignUnityPlugin_Tizen.tpk 6693 KB/s (10334944 bytes in 1.507s)

path is /opt/usr/apps/tmp/ReignUnityPlugin_Tizen.tpk

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[com.ReignStudios.ReignUnityPlugin] key[start] val[install]

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[com.ReignStudios.ReignUnityPlugin] key[install_percent] val[30]

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[com.ReignStudios.ReignUnityPlugin] key[error] val[0] error message: Success

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[com.ReignStudios.ReignUnityPlugin] key[end] val[fail]

processing result : FATAL_ERROR [61] failed

spend time for pkgcmd is [6609]ms

Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  19. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Ah yes, that is one of my favorite error messages.

What version of Unity is this BTW?

20. zezba9000

zezba9000

Unity 5.1.1p4 (patch 4).

Also ran this and it finds the device just fine:
    Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$ /Users/andrew/tizen-sdk/tools/sdb devices

List of devices attached

0000dea60000b4f5 device SM-Z130H

21. zezba9000

zezba9000

When I run a test C app via the Tizen IDE it works. Here is its log if that helps:
    Is it uploading a ".zip" file instead of a "tpk" file? Looks oddly different.
    Its pushing "/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/TizenTest/ProjTest/org.reign.projtest.zip" which is a zip file.

------------------
    Launching the Tizen application...

# If you want to see the detailed information,

# please set the logging level to DEBUG in Preferences and check the log file in '/Users/andrew/tizen-sdk-data/ide/logs/ide-20150715_165029.log'.

[Deploying the package...]

RDS: On

pkg_type [rpm]pkgid [org.reign.projtest]name [projtest]version [1.0.1]

Pkgid: org.reign.projtest is Terminated

spend time for pkgcmd is [319]ms

cmd_ret:0

Archive: /opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest/org.reign.projtest.zip

inflating: /opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest/author-signature.xml

inflating: /opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest/signature1.xml

inflating: /opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest/bin/projtest

[RDS] Pushing file "/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/TizenTest/ProjTest/org.reign.projtest.zip" to "/opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest/org.reign.projtest.zip" in target...

[RDS] Pushing file "/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/TizenTest/ProjTest/.rds_delta" to "/opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest/.rds_delta" in target...

start process (update)

end process (ok)

spend time for pkgcmd is [2101]ms

[Running the application...]

... successfully launched

Tizen application is successfully launched.

(10.889 sec)

22. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ok found more info. I think Unity is building the "TPK" file wrong or something?

When I upload the C test GLES2 app build from the Tizen IDE it works.

Andrews-Mac-mini:~ andrew$ /Users/andrew/tizen-sdk/tools/sdb install /Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/TizenTest/ProjTest/Debug/org.reign.projtest-1.0.1-arm.tpk

pulled org.reign.projtest-1.0.1-arm.tpk100% 177KB

1 file(s) pulled. 0 file(s) skipped.

/Users/andrew/Dev/Reign/TizenTest/ProjTest/Debug/org.reign.projtest-1.0.1-arm.tpk 3434 KB/s (182116 bytes in 0.051s)

path is /opt/usr/apps/tmp/org.reign.projtest-1.0.1-arm.tpk

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[org.reign.projtest] key[start] val[install]

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[org.reign.projtest] key[install_percent] val[30]

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[org.reign.projtest] key[install_percent] val[60]

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[org.reign.projtest] key[install_percent] val[100]

__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[rpm] pkgid[org.reign.projtest] key[end] val[ok]

spend time for pkgcmd is [4190]ms

23. zezba9000

zezba9000

Also made a new clean test project with Unity to make sure it wasn't that project. Still doesn't build valid tpk files for whatever reason.

24. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Could you submit a bug with as much information and a reproduction project?

25. zezba9000

zezba9000

26. zezba9000

zezba9000

Unity 5.1.2p1 works on OSX correctly!
    Build&Run works on Mac but NOT on Windows FYI.

27. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Thanks! I'll double check on that tomorrow.