Search Unity

Audio Certain Audio Sources Randomly Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by AllieCP, Dec 7, 2020.

1. AllieCP

AllieCP

Hey, so I'm trying to add audio to my game. I have three levels, and the audio works fine in the first and third levels. the second level is a different story.

Out of no where, certain audio sources just stopped playing. They sound fine in the preview window, but they just don't play. When I get near to enemy sprites, their sound plays, but everything else (NPC sounds, background music/ambience, and the sounds associated with player movement/attack) just don't appear. I have these sources set to Play on Awake and to Loop. While the game is 2D, the sources are set to 3D. They have a slightly higher priority, and linear rolloff. This all worked fine until suddenly it didn't.

Check audio settings for global volume and sample rate = 1. Tried moving the listener around (which is on the player). Nothing fixes it. Could it be that I have too many audio sources in this level? I have less than 50 or so, but is that too many? Should I turn some enemies into prefabs?

When I load into the level, it does sound like several clips play in a really short BLIP and then die off...