Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Celestial Body Flare not working after upgrading existing project from 0b13 to 0a25

Discussion in '2023.1 Beta' started by ashtorak, Jan 18, 2023.

1. ashtorak

ashtorak

How does this even work, is there something like a hidden default flare asset for this or what? I couldn't find anything that helped me to find out how this works and if it can be switched on/off somehow. Anybody knows?
    After upgrading my project, I had to reinstall the HDRP package because some stuff was broken. Maybe this broke something else?
    The flare works normal on an empty newly created project. So I could just use this and copy everything over. But maybe someone can help me, before I have to do this? :)

cel body flare.PNG

2. ashtorak

ashtorak

OK, I started over with a new project installing all the newest packages freshly since I had other issues that I wanted to exclude as being caused from upgrading the whole project. So, now the flare is working as normal with the new base project. Must have been some strange bug from upgrading earlier.

3. ashtorak

ashtorak

ooohh, just by accident I noticed that you need to have bloom active for this type of flare to work. I was confused earlier because when I tried out the SRP flare component, this doesn't need bloom. I guess, that makes sense. But it would be nice, if it was mentioned in the manual.

mahdi_jeddi likes this.
  4. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

Or even better show a help text or warning in the UI.

ashtorak likes this.