Search Unity

CCD ucd releases promote Questions

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by dnaney_zoic, Feb 13, 2021.

1. dnaney_zoic

dnaney_zoic

So when I promote from one buck to another the catalog file is still referencing the assets from the other bucket. It doesn't update the bucked ID inside the catalog. Is this intentional? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. CineTek

CineTek

First of all, I am still learning myself so I can't 100% confirm my understanding of it all.

But in our case, promoting from one bucket to the other is utilized to switch from e.g. our "development" bucket to the "production" one.
    The catalogue inside the development build is never expected to point to our production bucket and the other way around.
    So a catalogue needs to stay inside their dedicated buckets and points to changing releases within.

3. CameronND

CameronND

We have the same issue. If we have a profile that includes the full URL path then when you build a remote catalog that url is included with the catalog. So if we are testing in development environment and then promote the bucket to a production bucket, the catalog is still referencing the URL of the development bucket. I thought the whole point of promotion is that we don't need to rebuild the catalog/bundles again for release?
    Is it expected that we resolve the URL path at runtime instead and use a remote config or some other setting to set the URL upon application load instead?

4. dpetitclerc

dpetitclerc

Unity Technologies

Hi @CameronND! To answer your question, the promotion feature does indeed requires the URL path to be resolved at runtime. There are a few ways to go about doing this, Remote Config being one of them. There is also this Addressables documentation that could be useful for your case.

I hope this helps! If you need more help or guidance, please let us know