Search Unity

Other CCD and Consoles

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by SemicUnity, May 1, 2022.

1. SemicUnity

SemicUnity

I noticed in the FAQ for CCD that it does not support console platforms but to check back soon.

What could the reason for this be? I tried searching around the forums here but couldn't find anything. Apologies if it's already been covered. If so, could someone provide a link?

2. ryan_ngo

ryan_ngo

Unity Technologies

Hi @SemicUnity, there's not an exact technical limitation (that we know of) for console support but I do believe there are some consoles that have specific restrictions around where you can pull content from. Are there specific console platforms that you're developing for?

3. SemicUnity

SemicUnity

Hi @ryan_ngo, we are developing for Xbox and PlayStation. We've been accepted to both platforms and have our dev kits.

Is there documentation or other materials I can review that list out these restrictions?

4. ryan_ngo

ryan_ngo

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, I don't have those materials or documentation as those are the specifics in the platform documentation in the platform's dev program, which is possibly behind NDA's. While this doesn't mean that CCD is totally unsupported for different platforms, it just means that we aren't able to say that we officially support console platforms because of this limitation. It may be worth while to test the functionality within your dev kit, if that's possible. We have had users test for other different platforms like the Oculus Quest and have been successful in testing that.

5. SemicUnity

SemicUnity

Thanks @ryan_ngo. I'll follow up internally.