Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Feedback CC0Textures browser in unity editor

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by oparaskos, Nov 10, 2020.

1. oparaskos

oparaskos

Hey guys; not sure this is the best place to post this so feel free to tear me a new one if i'm out of order.

I've started creating a editor plugin for unity which adds a cc0textures browser in the editor it's early days but I think its at a point where it's useful and wanted to solicit some feedback.

Here's the link
    https://github.com/oparaskos/unity-material-library/

At present it:
    • Imports all the textures, based on their type (ie normal maps are imported as normal maps, roughness is inverted, renamed to smoothness and then imported and a mask map is composed of the smoothness, metalness etc)
    • Generates PBR materials for Standard, Universal RP and High Definition RP Lit shaders.

I'm looking to add other sources of free PBR textures as importers so that its a handy 1-stop-shop for this stuff, so suggestions are welcome.

And here's what it looks like:
    example.png

2. Siccity

Siccity

That looks extremely handy! I'll check it out. :D

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  3. Hunanbean

Hunanbean

Great idea!