Search Unity

Feedback CBD ads constantly and a potential fix for it

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by MadeFromPolygons, Jun 13, 2022.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Gentle reminder to members of unity staff that have communication with forums team, that 'CBD' is still not a being filtered by the forum.

A large majority of spam is about "keto" and "cbd" and I have yet to see a single post from a real member on any forum section about these topics

It honestly would be a good idea to flag anything with these terms in them (including polls which they often do) as spam initially, especially if coming from a user with < 5 posts total in their lifetime on forums.

Why would a member be discussing keto or CBD on unity forums anyway? This seems like an easy way to filter a bunch of spam that is currently getting through :)

@JeffDUnity3D @MelvMay @LeonhardP

Ryiah likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, which posts? I monitor everyday and haven't seen a single CBD post. Only this one.

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

They have already been removed now as I had reported them as usual, but I have been reporting a fair few recently

They are most common in general discussion subforum

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I see all tickets that come in within minutes, I haven't seen any. And as you say, they are quickly removed!

5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This one : https://forum.unity.com/threads/does-it-really-work.1295793/ just like all the others, has the CBD bit hidden in the poll attached

I have seen tons like this recently

EDIT: That thread is still around for more than 1 hour. I dont think the fact that you personally have not seen any is such a good indicator / metric to go by, as they definately are popping up a lot and I am not the only user to see them

Anyway the info is there in case you wish to act on it :) But CBD spam is high, they just hide CBD in polls now most of the time

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Looks like it's gone now, so the process looks to be working. We catch these quickly, I removed that one. I'm not sure if the forum has an "auto filter" feature, Unity did not write this forum software, but thanks for the heads up.

7. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Sure thing no problem, if its not possible with the software then ofcourse that makes sense. thanks for replying :)

I only bring these things up as very young members sometimes use the forums and I dont want someone getting scammed, but hopefully most will have common sense not to follow links or copy paste urls from polls etc