Search Unity

Caveman's Revenge - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by take10animation, Jan 19, 2012.

1. take10animation

take10animation

WORK IN PROGRESS BLOG

Hey Folks,

We've began coding our game so i guess it might be a good idea to start showcasing WIP of the game. We are using Unity3D as the game engine. Our main focus of release will be iphone, ipod, and ipad but are also considering web and android.

We'll be updating our WIP blog regularly so be sure to keep checking that for updates. I can also answer any questions you might have about the game.

So what's the game about? Caveman's Revenge will be a third person game focused around in prehistoric time. The object of the game will be to take control of the caveman in search of his kidnapped wife. The local natives took her captive in order to offer her to their main enemy, a t-rex. You must save her before she becomes a t-rex's meal.

Video shows first build testing out the joystick controls. Controls are not final. Island environment will not be included in the game. It is for testing purposes only. Be sure to check out our blog for artwork and more videos. We'll be updating this thread as well.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I like that chap.

3. Duskling

Duskling

Seems like it will be nice, keep It up :3

4. henry96

henry96

The story sounds good to me! :D

5. Tasarran

Tasarran

I like the art style!

6. botumys

botumys

Very nice! Can't wait to see the combat system!
    It reminds me Chuck Rock on Amiga. (nostalgia)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  7. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

great story and love the at style. I think this could become a very funny game. The only thing I'm not too fond of the touch screen joystick controls in general, I prefer a point and click interface on mobile devices (but thats just me).

8. fallingbrickwork

fallingbrickwork

That guy looks (and animates) great. Nice work. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

- Matt.

9. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Looking really nice, keen to see some more gameplay footage!

10. take10animation

take10animation

Thanks guys. Were finishing up the controls at the moment as well as animation for the caveman. Stay tune. We'll be adding more WIP soon.

11. take10animation

take10animation

In this update we are testing out the swim and death animations in the Unity engine. We are planning on adding underwater scenes to the gameplay as well as fighting enemy's underwater.

The animations in this version are not final. We are polishing our animations at the moment. The overall controls need tweaks as well.

This is just a rough version of controls with animations.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  12. take10animation

take10animation

In this update we are refining the character controls more plus testing out ways of handling sound and music. If you turn your speakers on you'll notice the background music as well as the water splashes when the character touches the water. Additionally, the music automatically switches once underwater. We are going to include lots of sound fx's plus original music to the game. This way it'll be easier to handle all the audio.

If you look closely you'll also notice the bubble fx when underwater. We'll be adding a life meter to indicate how long the caveman is able to hold his breath. We've added the up and down depth while underwater. Still a work in progress.

Next update we should have all animations included and refined. The UI for the controls are not final. We are still figuring out the best way to handle the caveman's attack buttons.

Stay tune.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  13. SevenBits

SevenBits

Cavemen and dinosaurs at the same time? Any scientist would disagree.

No, seriously though, looks awesome. Nice job.