Search Unity

Cause of damage found - followup from previous thread

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, May 24, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi @dgoyette,

This is a follow up of the previous thread I opened. My canvas was suddenly moved behind and was at layer 0. I'm unsure why this should happen because it worked well earlier. I have also checked the score and it remains damaged. I've sent a report to the team so they can check what might have happened. I don't think anyone can solve this. My opinion is some rare corruption has taken place again. It has happened to other projects before.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

May I ask if this happened to anyone else before? Bear in mind that it worked well and it could load onto my device. I just want to know if i'm alone in this problem.

3. dgoyette

dgoyette

Is this a relatively small project? If so, and if you want to send me a copy of it, I'd be curious to take a look at it, so I can say whether something is "corrupt", or if it's just user error. Feel free to private message me a link to it, if you want.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

No need. Thanks. I don't think that learning the cause of this specific issue will benefit me or anyone in the long term. Perhaps it's just a one time bug like other cases. For the record, I have rebuild projects before and the same issue doesn't happen. I prefer to know if LTS versions have this standard problem. That means if LTS will have problems like this despite the unity team claiming it is supposed to be more stable. I actually just came across another strange thing within the last 2 days when I was rebuilding my project. I don't think giving the details will benefit anyone.

5. dgoyette

dgoyette

The thing is, at this point I'm still going on the assumption that you're just breaking your project accidentally, without realizing why. The idea that you're frequently running into bugs that cause odd behavior (instead of merely crashing the whole editor) just isn't consistent with my experience with Unity. So, I'm happy to poke around with something that you consider broken to see if I can understand both what's broken and how you might have unintentionally gotten it into that state.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

ok in that case, you have to give me screenshots / details instructions how to send you a personal message. I'm not very good at this forum. I have attached a file showing what i see.

Attached Files:

7. dgoyette

dgoyette

You should be able to click on my name, then Start Conversation:

upload_2020-5-25_2-13-28.png

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

The unity team is not going to agree with you. I've been actively sending them the bugs I found. And in many cases, they just cannot find out what went wrong. Of course some are actual ones but not all.