Search Unity

Bug Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:0 errno:0 addr:(nil)

Discussion in 'Game Server Hosting' started by MidnightGameDeveloper, Nov 7, 2022.

1. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

I am trying to run my dedicated game server on Multiplay.
    I am using Unity 2021.3.10f1 to create the linux build.

The Test allocation works and I can connect to my server. After a few minutes the server crashes with the following error:
    Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:0 errno:0 addr:(nil)
    Obtained 4 stack frames.
    #0 0x007fded3b8e420 in funlockfile
    #1 0x007fded23fb45c in mono_threads_exit_gc_safe_region_internal
    #2 0x007fded23fb5e7 in mono_threads_exit_gc_safe_region_unbalanced
    #3 0x000000420a6c23 in (wrapper managed-to-native) Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeUtility:MemSet (void*,byte,long)

When building with the target platform "Dedicated Server" do I still need to add the parameters -batchmode and -nographics to the configuration?

2. danri

danri

Unity Technologies

Hello,

The -batchmode and -nographics options should not be needed for a dedicated server build.

The "signo: 11" indicates to me that this was a SIGSEGV (segmentation fault), which is generally speaking a memory access problem. If you could post the whole log output from your game server, this could help to track down the source of the problem

3. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

Thanks for the quick response!
    I attached the log file to this post.

I had overlooked that one of my scripts did produce some Null Reference errors. I fixed this, switched to dedicated GameServer as build target and now it seems to run without crashing.

Attached Files:

4. DomeCreator

DomeCreator