Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

CATACLYSM - 1v1 Explosive cat combat!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MoonJelly, Jun 8, 2018.

1. MoonJelly

MoonJelly

Hey all!

I'm proud to finally be able to share CATACLYSM with you in it's finished form. The game was inspired by TowerFall, and it seems that there is now a whole genre around games like it (including Samurai Gunn, Duck Game, Starwhal, Inversus, Nidhogg, etc.). I may have missed the window when these kinds of games were hot, but I'm a big fan of the genre, and I believe I've made a solid addition to that collection. I hope that the game and its potential audience find each other. <3

For more information, check out the game page: https://moonjellygames.itch.io/cataclysm

That's all for now. Please enjoy CATACLYSM!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. owlhowell

owlhowell

Trailer looks sweet! I'm on a mac so no play for me :/

3. MoonJelly

MoonJelly

Hmm, well... I've had two people (including a friend of mine) tell me they wanted to try it out, but they can't because they don't have any game controllers. I can't do anything about that as the gameplay requires that each player has access to two analog sticks. But I can do something about this problem. I didn't put up a MAC build because I don't own or have access to a MAC to make sure that version runs properly, but perhaps it's worth it to get it out there anyways.

So I've done just that: I've made a MAC build and added it to the itch.io downloads options. If you do check it out, I would greatly appreciate it any feedback.

4. owlhowell

owlhowell

Comment posted on itch page

MoonJelly likes this.
  5. PixelGX

PixelGX

Holy cow! The graphics of this game is aesthetically pleasing, the gameplay is interesting, and cats in the mix truly makes an interesting game. Keep working on this beautiful creation

MoonJelly likes this.
  6. MoonJelly

MoonJelly

Thank you for the kind words, PixelGX. If you get a chance to play it, let me know what you think.

7. MoonJelly

MoonJelly

UPDATE: The day I posted the game, I swapped it with a slightly updated version. I tested the stuff that I added, but apparently I didn't test again after adding one final (tiny) thing. I'm extremely disappointed with myself as this version was actually broken-- after a match, the icons showing each players' deaths would not show up and you'll have to press Esc to close the game.

As of yesterday, the fixed version has been uploaded. So if your version is broken and you'd still like to play, you can get v1.2 on itch.io now.

owlhowell likes this.