Search Unity

Castle Raid (single device multiplayer game) by Arcticmill

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by johot, Jun 29, 2012.

1. johot

johot

UPDATE #2
    Castle Raid is now live and available for download on the App Store (Universal)!

Please check out the game:
    http://get.castleraidgame.com

On this very special occasion we also released a brand new trailer:

Thank you!

UPDATE #1
    Castle Raid has now been approved and will be released on the App Store tomorrow (18th of september)!

Since our last post we have added a lot of stuff into the game, for example more enemies and battlefields. To give you all a proper presentation here’s some screenshots and a fresh new gameplay video:

[hdyoutube][/hdyoutube]

What's this then?
    In Castle Raid you challenge your friends in intense battles, set in the medieval ages of knights, archers and magic. It's a single-device multiplayer strategy game where you control one side of the screen and your friend the other. If you don't have a friend nearby you can always try to defeat the computer opponents.

Gather resources to crush your opponent using various units and special weapons. The goal of the game is to raid your enemy's stronghold while protecting your own castle. Battles normally last somewhere between 5-8 minutes.

The game will be available on both iPad and iPhone.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts and we're looking forward to discussing the game with you!

By the way, the game uses Unity's new built-in path navigation system along with other systems we built ourselves! If you have any tech question we will try to answer them as well :)

About us
    We're a small indie game studio from Stockholm, Sweden. For the past couple of months we've been working hard on our upcoming game, Castle Raid!
    en?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Wentzel

Wentzel

Really well done, the graphics are stunning, programming looks solid as well.
    I'm glad to see people not only make FPS or MMO's.

Great job man!!
    ~Wentzel

3. xandeck

xandeck

Really nice game... just let us know when you launch so I can get it >:)
    Nice job!

4. Aguy

Aguy

Single device multiplayer? Unique but doesn't that cause issues for those playing. Like how can it be done on a tablet?
    If I was on a tablet with someone trying to play the game, I'd probably push them over so I could win :)

5. gussk

gussk

Hi,
    I'm working with johot at Arcticmill on the Castle Raid game and I thought I'd drop by to share some more information.

First of all, thank you all for the feedback!

@Wentzel and @xandeck: Glad you liked it! At the moment we're hard at work adding even more content to the game. The plan is to release in August.

@Killswitch: Hehe, our plan is to provide real life safety gear along with the game ;) I hope the video posted below better shows how it's intended to be played on a single tablet. But in short, you sit next to your friend (or foe) and control one side each of the screen.

Cheers

6. johot

johot

We just updated this thread with a new gameplay video and new screenshots.

The game will be released on the App Store tomorrow (18th of September)!

7. Sean Hall

Sean Hall

Looks great, no plans for future support for Android?

8. johot

johot

Hi Sean!

We started out focusing on the iOS platform but Android is definitely a future option. Thanks to Unity we're in a great position to make it possible :)

And by the way, Castle Raid is now released on the App Store. We updated the first post with a new trailer and download link. Check it out!

9. Brian-Sinasac

Brian-Sinasac

Looks great and I love the multiplayer single device concept. Excellent work!

10. Myaka

Myaka

Was looking for something like this today, will buy a copy. It is out already?

11. johot

johot

Hi guys! Thanks for the kind words!

Yes it is out already! Thank you for your support!

And remember, if you have any feedback, you can always contact us at hello@arcticmill.com or reply to this thread.

12. Kingling

Kingling

Great game :D My sister and I love it. Any secret plans on a new unit, new maps, or anything ;)?

13. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I love the idea of single device multiplayer games. I'll definitely check it out.

Also, love the trailer. Shaky cam+slow motion on the cartoon style characters is just awesome!

14. johot

johot

Hi everyone!

Today we're announcing the sequel to Castle Raid, "Castle Raid 2: New Alliances", on our webpage http://www.arcticmill.com! We also lowered the price of Castle Raid 1 to $0.99 to celebrate this. We'd love for you guys to check it out :D Thanks!

http://get.castleraidgame.com

15. proteinbeer

proteinbeer

This is very dangerous game

16. voltage

voltage

I haven't played the game, nor looked at many videos, but basing the game off of OP's last clip;

The game could use a further variety of units.
    Perhaps workman's posts to chop trees, farm orchards, etc. for faster income.
    Hero units would be fun too.

Just my two cents. I've thought of this idea before, I'm glad someone has made it. :)

17. Pacey717

Pacey717

Is there a reason it can’t be found in the App Store any longer, I’ve been looking for a long time and reading threads and I just can’t find a way to get castle raid 1 or 2 me and my family have all bought both games and it won’t even show it on the purchased games, it would be nice if you could tell me/us what happened or if there is a reason they were removed from the App Store that would be nice, I just really like the games and would be willing to pay for them (again) to be able to play them again. thank you!

18. Pacey717

Pacey717

Is there a reason it can’t be found in the App Store any longer, I’ve been looking for a long time and reading threads and I just can’t find a way to get castle raid 1 or 2 me and my family have all bought both games and it won’t even show it on the purchased games, it would be nice if you could tell me/us what happened or if there is a reason they were removed from the App Store that would be nice, I just really like the games and would be willing to pay for them (again) to be able to play them again. thank you!