Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Youtube (show?) rendered in Unity HDRP.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by CaseyLee, Feb 13, 2021.

1. CaseyLee

CaseyLee

Just released my first video, was presently surprised how well it looked considering it be rendered in Unity (as opposed to Iray or the like). And that there is A lot of obvious visual and animation improvements to make for future videos. I also plan on using a second depth camera inside unity to track body movement and use mecanim to save the data. but is other more pressing things to do first

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  2. CaseyLee

CaseyLee

Updates:

*Gave up (for now) on using a Kinect like device to record full body motion. Experimented with what was available, but nothing seemed as precise as I wanted, or just required to much work post recording. Been going with just generic animations for some hand/body movement. With a lot that could be improved on.

*The Workflow: LiveFace -> Iclone -> Unity , got a quality boost from the iclone side, with better face morphs, and re targeting. Though it required I import the character into Character creator3 - which wasn't a huge issue - but making further changes to the character, got a bit more complicated.

*Experimenting with different shading and lighting options continues - though I haven't spent as much time on this as I could have.

*plans in the near future include adding more interaction with the actual studio and the content in the videos. Such as playing video in the screen behind the character. This sort of thing would at least utilize unity more than I am currently.