Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VR case796074:Stereoscopic rendering Worked in Unity 5.3.2 but new Stereo Display (Flat Screen) doesn't

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by TheElumenati, May 11, 2016.

1. TheElumenati

TheElumenati

Reposting my case report to the forum if see if anyone else has work arounds.

Stereo Worked in Unity 5.3.2 but stopped in 5.4+ betas. The stereo as "Stereo Display (non head-mounted)" doesn't work at all.

A simple test of a scene with two cameras, Left and Right set to render to left and right eyes doesn't work any more.

Build the project and run on a stereo enabled display that uses DIN active shutter glasses. The application shows no image. Even on a non stereo display, the application shows no image.

Something very wrong is happening. The old method where you would check "Enable Stereoscopic rendering" worked. But the new method doesn't. I have tried messing around with the api and various orders in which to enable stereo but nothing works.

5.3 stereo applications work. And the DX11 stereo application works too.

What am i doing wrong? Also is there an example of a stero 5.4 app that works with stereo. I have a quadro card and DIN style stereo syncroniziation of Active shutter glasses

2. cwoh

cwoh

Maybe not much (not any) Help I've the same problem (and same hardware) but try to put another Graphics API (OpenGLCore and Direct3D11 )

christian

3. TheElumenati

TheElumenati

DX11 works in 5.3.2 amazingly works in active stereo in windowed mode. 5.3.2 is missing some features that i am very excited are included in the betas. (scripting access to stereo camera parameters)

Neither Direct3D11 nor OpenGL core work for me in the betas.

It is understandable that it's not working in the betas, but it is very import for me to have this working in the next public release. We have all of the esoteric active stereo setups needed to do the tests, so that's why im hoping we can get this sorted out in these incremental beta releases.

4. Scale1Portal

Scale1Portal

I have the exact same problem here too. I'm running more tests, but so far no luck. Even though all my cameras return a stereoEnabled flag to true, and VRSettings are enabled, I keep getting a pure black screen rendering, and 3D mode is not triggered.

Any help much appreciated.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can we get a bug report ASAP? This sounds like a major regression.

6. Scale1Portal

Scale1Portal

Submitted as case 802531. Thanks !

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Thanks. Reproduced it and forwarded to the right people to look at it.

8. Scale1Portal

Scale1Portal

Thanks ! crossing fingers ! :)

9. Scale1Portal

Scale1Portal

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

11. Scale1Portal

Scale1Portal

Thanks for the good news !