Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 978404) Corrupted files in standalone build Asset Bundles

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by jgilbert, Dec 13, 2017.

1. jgilbert

jgilbert

When trying to load Mesh objects from an Asset Bundle on a player built on 2017.3.0f2 I get spammed with errors about corrupt .cab files. I have already tried recreating the project with the assets to make sure the Library was fresh. On our project it takes about a day to import. This eventually ends with either locking the application up or crashing.

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

In this case, I tend to submit a bug-report describing the problem, containing everything but the project and ask QA for a secure Unity server/location where I can upload the project.

Unity QA normally replies with a password protected owncloud link. Make sure to mention how much space you need.

I recommend to ask them in your bug-report to send the owncloud link under separate cover, directly to your email-address and not to add it to the bug-report as a reply. I might be a little paranoid, but I don't want sensitive information in the bug-report itself, in case that fogbugz bug-report link is leaked.

Like some users on the forum post the actual link to their bug-report, rather than the Case number only and thus give everyone access to all their submitted bug-reports and any information shared. Don't make this mistake.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017