Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 967436) Windows 64bit Standalone player random freezes

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Peter77, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I reported this issue during alpha already and QA was able to reproduce this issue as well, but I thought it might be a good idea to post it here as well, in case other people having the same problem.

Since Unity 2017.1, I use an automated performance test to detect whether my game runs slower in a new Unity version, see here for details.

Running the same test, which works fine with 2017.1, .2 and .3 with Unity 2018.1, always causes the build to freeze (audio continues to play).

This freeze occurs randomly. Sometimes after running the build for 5 minutes, sometimes after an hour. I'm able to 100% repro this issue, it's just a matter of patience. The freeze seems to occur only in a build, not in the editor.

I really hope you're able to fix this issue.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I tested 2018.1.0b2 (Mono and IL2Cpp builds). Unfortunately, the freeze continues to occur.

3. dseyb

dseyb

We're having exactly the same issue! The program becomes unresponsive after a seemingly random time interval.
    No user interaction is required. Is your project VR enabled?

Peter77 likes this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

No, my project is not VR enabled.

I'm glad I'm not the only person having this issue. So it doesn't seem to be entirely related to my setup. Crossing fingers that UT can fix this issue!

dseyb likes this.