Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 964044) Allow HDR = true --> Sorting issues in Scene View

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by SoxwareInteractive, Oct 27, 2017.

1. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi,
    I just tested my asset (UMotion) with Unity 2017.3. I noticed a problem that didn't exist in previous Unity versions: When the Main Game Camera in the scene has "Allow HDR" enabled and the scene lightning is also enabled, the rendering of my bones has sorting issues in the Scene View:

upload_2017-10-27_17-1-27.png

To render the bones above everything else in the scene I stack a second scene camera above the original one (just as how you usually render a gun in a FPS shooter so that it is always drawn above the scene geometry).

Can I get some more information on what has been changed regarding the HDR rendering that I suddenly get this sorting issues? Any idea what's causing these?

Thank you very much!

laurentlavigne likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction case and reply in here with the case #?

3. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @LeonhardP,
    thanks for your response. Please take a look at Case 964044.

Thank you very much.

LeonhardP and Peter77 like this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

This effects most editor based drawing. Same happens here.

5. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @LeonhardP,

because the problem still exists in the current beta and according to this blog post (see quote below) the beta will end at Nov. 27th I kindly wanted to ask if this issue is going to be fixed in the Unity 2017.3 release? That would be of great help as my asset (UMotion) depends on the rendering to work correctly. Thank you very much.

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    November 27th is the scheduled cutoff date for the first release candidate with its release scheduled for December 1st. We usually ship with rc3, which would be around December 15th. The goal is definitely to get it fixed before then.

SoxwareInteractive likes this.
  7. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Awesome, thank you very much for your effort on this :)

8. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi,
    I just tested 2017.3.0f2 which is according to This Post "probably the last release before the final RC3 (f3) build". The problem is still existent.

Please let me know if this bug is not getting fixed (hopefully not). I would have to implement a warning message when my asset is started in Unity 2017.3.0 informing the users that there is a major issue with the bone rendering. Otherwise I might see myself confronted with bad reviews on the Asset Store and lots of support requests.

Thank you very much.

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Unfortunately, as it looks now, the bug won't be fixed for the final release and will have to be addressed by a patch update. This is still on our radar and we're definitely looking into fixing it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

10. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Thanks for your (as always) fast response.
    I'm a bit disappointed that ~1.5 months have not been enough to address this issue but anyway I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into Unity and I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

hippocoder likes this.
  11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Meanwhile you might be able to get it to depth sort by enabling (or disabling) 3D icons under gizmos as a workaround. At least that sorts it out for my own tools.

12. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @hippocoder,
    thanks for the hint. Changing the 3D icons state seems not to workaround the problem for me. Only disabling the cameras "allow HDR" flag or the Scene Lightning brings back depth sorting.