Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 943395) Unable to play Videos in Resources folder

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by jianmingyong, Aug 18, 2017.

1. jianmingyong

jianmingyong

I am still unable to get the videos to play in Resources folder on Beta 2017.2B6 / B8 despite it works in Unity 2017.1

Editor is working fine, compiled standalone game doesn't.

Note: I am unable to reproduce on a clean project yet. I am trying to find ways to repro it in these version to confirm this problem.

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Users/jianmingyong/Documents/GitHub/Games/Digimon 3D/Digimon 3D/Bin/Debug/Digimon 3D_Data/Managed'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Users/jianmingyong/Documents/GitHub/Games/Digimon 3D/Digimon 3D/Bin/Debug/Digimon 3D_Data/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
    PlayerConnection initialized from C:/Users/jianmingyong/Documents/GitHub/Games/Digimon 3D/Digimon 3D/Bin/Debug/Digimon 3D_Data (debug = 0)
    PlayerConnection initialized network socket : 0.0.0.0 55089
    Broadcasting "[IP] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [Port] 55089 [Flags] 2 [Guid] 2676190619 [EditorId] 1450216509 [Version] 1048832 [Id] WindowsPlayer(jianmingyong) [Debug] 0" to [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:54997]...
    Started listening to [0.0.0.0:55089]
    PlayerConnection already initialized - listening to [0.0.0.0:55089]
    Initialize engine version: 2017.2.0b8 (024aed824a88)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon R7 M260 (ID=0x6900)
    Vendor: ATI
    VRAM: 2036 MB
    Driver: 22.19.162.4
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.183 seconds
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 2fd4 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 22e4 -> priority: 1
    UnloadTime: 3.024365 ms
    WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36c4 while reading C:/Users/jianmingyong/Documents/GitHub/Games/Digimon 3D/Digimon 3D/Bin/Debug/Digimon 3D_Data/resources.resource

Context: CreateObjectFromByteStream
    Error details: The byte stream type of the given URL is unsupported.
    Track types:

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Video/Public/Media/WindowsMedia/WindowsVideoMedia.cpp Line: 2290)

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you found a bug or regression in Unity, I recommend to submit a bug-report following the advice in this document.

Using the bug-reporter seems to be an important step, because it makes sure the report is in Unity Technologies bug-tracking pipeline and has to be processed at some point. Using the forum is often used to add to a little more attention to a submitted bug-report, but does not replace submitting it first.

It's from advantage to attach a project to the bug-report that UT can use to reproduce the issue and test their fix against. The easier an issue can be reproduced by QA, the more likely it is to get forwarded to a developer, who might or might not work on a bug-fix for that at some point.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a Case number. UT often asks us to post the Case number in the forum thread, which allows them to find that bug-report if they look at your post.

Following these steps will increase the chance that UT is looking at your issue tremendously.

3. jianmingyong

jianmingyong

Trying to upload a bug report. I am a little discouraged when the speed is slow like uploading 300kb/s in avg compared to other file uploading sites.

Even the Unity download assistance on Beta build is slow like 200kb/s compared to me downloading the offline version that can reach 8 mb/s in avg. That's how I am able to get beta builds to try it out.

Leaving my pc on overnight today and see how long it takes to upload a 150mb (slightly less than that) project size.

4. jianmingyong

jianmingyong

Uploaded: (Case 943395) Unable to play Videos on Resources folder

Peter77 likes this.