Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 662665) Asset Store causes many OpenGL errors on OSX 10.10.1 & Unity 5 Beta 19

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by DanSuperGP, Jan 12, 2015.

1. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

I've already reported it, but I figured I'd post about it in the forums as well. (Case 662665)

I've got a new bug that just started in Beta 19. When you open the Asset store on OSX 10.10.1 you get tons of OpenGL errors coming up in the console

OPENGL ERROR: State tracking lost in 'GfxDeviceGL::UnbindObjects', GfxDeviceGL::InvalidateState must be called on OpenGL context switches
    OPENGL ERROR: State tracking lost in 'UnbindVertexBuffersGL', GfxDeviceGL::InvalidateState must be called on OpenGL context switches
    OPENGL ERROR: State tracking lost in 'BindArrayBuffer', GfxDeviceGL::InvalidateState must be called on OpenGL context switches
    OPENGL ERROR: State tracking lost in 'BindElementArrayBuffer', GfxDeviceGL::InvalidateState must be called on OpenGL context switches
    These errors get spammed to console every time you click anywhere in Unity while the Asset Store is open. They stop happening if you close the Asset Store.

Not a terribly big deal, doesn't seem to break anything, but it can be a bit of a surprise when all of a sudden several hundred errors popup in your Console.

2. knotFF

knotFF

Same thing here.

OSX 10.10.2
    Unity 5 Beta 20.

F.

3. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

Yeah, I got a reply from Unity that this only happens in development builds and that since it has no negative side effects it would not be fixed.

4. knotFF

knotFF

Good to know.
    Thanks.