Search Unity

Bug (Case 1415194) Recentering in tracking origin mode 'floor' with OpenXR on Oculus Quest 2 is broken

Discussion in 'VR' started by ROBYER1, Mar 22, 2022.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I noticed the other day when building with OpenXR not Oculus plugin, the usual behaviour of holding the Oculus button to recenter in-app doesn't work with OpenXR plugin. Is there anything I need to add in code to handle this? Oculus Plugin handles it fine with the same scene/XR Rig and build

masakatsu likes this.
  2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Seems to only recenter in Device Tracking Origin Mode on the XR Rig, however my height is almost always wrong as the floor distance isn't taken into account. Is the recenter not working there a bug? I need to use Floor Tracking Origin Mode.

upload_2022-3-28_12-22-31.png

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Device means the HMD will be at the place the xr rig is. Floor means it will offset it properly from the floor

4. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

The thing is, using Floor mode with Oculus plugin on the Quest 2 allows recentering to work, in OpenXR it doesn't (same scene but just exporting with OpenXR instead of Oculus).

If I am using OpenXR but switch to Device origin tracking mode, recentering works but with the added joy of not knowing the floor height.

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Seems like a bug, you could make a bug report for the team to test it out.

6. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Reported at (Case 1415194) [VR][Quest 2][OpenXR] Recentering in tracking origin mode 'floor' with OpenXR on Oculus/Meta Quest 2 is broken

DevDunk likes this.
  7. koirat

koirat

So it Wont Fix
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-origin-mode-floor-with-openxr-is-not-working

Do you know how to recenter on oculus.
    I keep ocullus button pressed there is a loading icon, and when it's done nothing happens.

I'm even willing to manually reset my my origin by how can I catch this event.

8. unity-chris

unity-chris

Unity Technologies

We're working on adding support for recentering, which can be enabled through code. It should be available in an upcoming revision of OpenXR package.

Radicals270, DevDunk and glenneroo like this.
  9. ericprovencher

ericprovencher

Unity Technologies

Just an update for those looking for recentering.
    By default in OpenXR 1.9+ Unity tries to use local floor mode tracking, which supports recentering events.

If you do not wish to have this behavior, you can call this line in your code "OpenXRSettings.SetAllowRecentering(false);"

DevDunk likes this.