Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug (Case 1345451) Tessellation shader makes multiple issue on various platforms

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Kichang-Kim, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. I found that my tessellation shader does not work correctly on multiple platforms.

Its behaviour is very strange, even same project which is built from different machine makes different result. (maybe shader caching related?)

There are many combinations of platform and graphics api that makes incorrect results. I reported bug with my shader code and screenshots/device logs as Case 1345451.

Here is part of the issues:
    * Android Vulkan's depth buffer is broken
    * Tessellation Factor does not be applied correctly on Metal
    * Tessellation shader completetly broken on Mac editor
    * All of platforms which I tested returns SystemInfo.supportsTessellationShaders true

2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim