Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug (Case 1338322) "Open recent scene" doesn't work

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Peter77, May 24, 2021.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Using the "File > Open recent scene" menu to open an earlier opened scene doesn't work.

Reproduce
    • Open project from Case 1300104
    • Click from the main menu "Game > Open > Episode 1 > Floor 1"
    • Click from the main menu "File > New Scene" and create an empty scene
    • Click from the main menu "File > Open Recent Scene > Classic_E01_F01"

Actual
    The scene doesn't open.

Expected
    The scene opens or it shouldn't be added to the "Open Recent Scene" menu.

2. Rallix

Rallix

Yep, something similar happens in my existing project, but I didn't report it since I couldn't reproduce it in a new project. Attaching a gif.
    Either it silently fails and does nothing (even though the scene asset still exists in the same place and can be opened normally), or sometimes, it opens a different recent scene than the one I chose. Also note the currently opened scene didn't make it into the recent scenes list.

Attached Files:

Peter77 likes this.
  3. ascentress

ascentress

Unity Technologies

Nice catch -- this is indeed a bug. Recent scenes used to be stored by path until recently when that became an issue and it was changed to GUID. The problem is that upgrading a project will break this functionality because scenes are already stored in EditorUserSettings in the wrong way.
    You can alleviate this manually by opening YourProject/UserSettings/EditorUserSettings.asset and deleting every entry that involves RecentlyUsedScenePath-X. We'll get to fixing it, thanks for making us aware of this!

DSivtsov, Ruchir and Rallix like this.
  4. Rallix

Rallix

If you open your project folder (root) – the folder containing your Assets folder – there should be a folder called UserSettings.
    upload_2021-6-13_19-0-8.png

In UserSettings, edit EditorUserSettings.asset in your favourite text editor.
    upload_2021-6-13_19-7-10.png

Delete every entry with RecentlyUsedScenePath and save the file:
    upload_2021-6-13_19-9-8.png

Atto2O and Poltosik like this.
  5. Mitch_Heinsenberg

Mitch_Heinsenberg

Thank you very much! It worked.

6. Poltosik

Poltosik

You are a life saver! Thanks a lot, it worked perfectly!

7. M4XIMUZ

M4XIMUZ

I did try this out on my file. I deleted every path that was for recentlyusedsceneguid and unfortunately it did not bring back my assets. When I originally clicked "open recent scene," I was looking for another save and when I went back to the original scene everything was removed from the hagiarchy. My project saved and I don't know how to get it back. Any help would be great!

What's ironic is I was checking to make sure I had 2 saves so I wouldn't lose my previous work since I'm still new to unity editing and well...that didn't go as planned lol

Attached Files: