Search Unity

Bug [Case 1316253][MacOS] Editor Hangs on 'Building Player' dialogue after Build and Run finishes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ROBYER1, Feb 20, 2021.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

[Case 1316253]
    When using 2020.2.5f1 Editor on MacOS and build target IOS, hitting Build and Run seems to hang the editor for a few minutes after a build and run operation with the dialogue saying 'Building Player' still

This goes on long enough that we have Xcode finish building and running the app on our test devices and have to wait for the editor to unfreeze itself after

As you can see, the Xcode project is built and open, we can build and run to the device from there but end up having to wait almost 4-5 minutes for the editor to unfreeze itself.

This doesn't happen when building with the Editor on Windows 10 to Android build target so this is specific to the Editor on MacOS and build target IOS

Is it just me noticing this? I am working on a brand new work iMac with fresh installs of Unity 2020.2.5f1 and with brand new empty projects it happens. It is crippling my development flow on MacOS vs Windows!!!! Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 15.18.27.png