Search Unity

Bug (Case 1225627) Some assets are uploaded to accelerator but always failed to download and re-imported

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Kichang-Kim, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi.

I found that some assets are failed to download its cache by Editor.log. The log says like this:
    RemoteAssetCache - Download - Artifact - success:false, namespace ......

What measn succes:false and when it occurred? How to solve it?

My cache server used by about 80+ users, and is this can be the problem?

Thanks.

Update (20200306):
    I created minumal reproducible project and sent as Case 1225627. "succes:false" makes assets are always re-imported and never cached.

Unity 2019.3.3f1 + Unity-Accelerator-v1.0.196+ge1f9988

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Additional note:
    unity-accelerator.log shows number of "error from bboltCommitTx in bboltCommitPending" and "error reading size preamble" messages.

3. bradunity

bradunity

Unfortunately, I'm unable reproduce this with the example project you kindly reported for us. Would you mind sending me a direct message with your Editor.log and unity-accelerator.log files following a repro scenario? It'd also be handy to know what operating systems you're using for both the Editor and the Accelerator hosts.

4. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I used Windows and Mac for editor, and Accelerator is hosted on Mac. I removed all of old cache and accelerator itself and re-installed. If "success:false" occurred again, I'll report with Editor.log.

5. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

@bradunity Hi, I tested with fresh re-installed Unity Accelerator (+ delete all existing cache) and it works correctly now.

It seems that some of old caches are broken and re-import does not update it, I guess. Also I confirmed that my Accelerator server was crashed sometimes due to MacOS's kernel panic and I think that these crashes makes some cache broken. I hope this information be helpful for improving Unity Accelerator's stability.

6. bradunity

bradunity

That's good news that you were able to get it working, though I confess I don't fully understand what you mean by old caches.

Regarding this...
    ...the only way we might have an opportunity to fix whatever your Accelerator ran into would be if you're willing to send us your unity-accelerator.log file. Otherwise, there's too little information provided above for us to take any action.

7. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

"old cache" means cache already stored in Unity Accelerator. It seems that if the incorrect cache is uploaded, it is not updated with correct cache anymore. The old V1 cache server is different, it can updates cache already stored by manual re-importing.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/invalidating-cached-asset-on-unity-accelerator.843247/#post-5567890

I think this may be related issue.