Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug (Case 1213954) Scripts are always recompiled when using 2019.3.0f5

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Kichang-Kim, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

HI. I found that my project is always re-compiled when start-up Unity editor. This makes my workflow extremely slow, especially for tons of batch mode jobs.

It seems that always re-import some packages (like Android logcat, com.unity.settings and so on). Also I used GooglePlayGames plugin.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Maybe Unity automatically updates these packages to a newer version while opening the project? I've seen Unity auto-updating packages before. Can you diff the packages.json file before/after running that batch mode job?

3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

@Peter77 You are right. I found that Unity always update some script in packages and restore it when opened next time.

Here is some example:
    com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@1.0.0/Editor/AndroidLogcastConsole.Window.cs:453
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility.RequestScriptReload();

is changed to

EditorUtility.RequestScriptReload();

4. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Reported as Case 1213954.

Peter77 and LeonhardP like this.
  5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Kichang-Kim,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. We were already aware of the problem and we are currently working on fixing it. Give us a couple of weeks to make this a reality in a 2019.3 release.

Regards,

Pascal

Kichang-Kim likes this.