Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Case 1206865 LightProbes.Tetrahedralize() no longer works when unloading scene

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by iamarugin, Dec 20, 2019.

1. iamarugin

iamarugin

It used to work in 2019.3f3. Am I missing something? If feels like every single rc version become less and less stable, compared to b11.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Bordeaux_Fox likes this.
  2. thefranke

thefranke

Unity Technologies

Hey iamarugin,

could you describe your problem in more detail? What exactly is not working? Do you have a crash?

Cheers

3. iamarugin

iamarugin

Everything is described in the case. When I unload scene with light probes and called LightProbes.Tetrahedralize() the light probes from the unloaded scene stays anyway. You can load the attached project in the 2019.3f3 and 2019.3f4 ,go through steps described in the case and see the difference

thefranke likes this.
  4. thefranke

thefranke

Unity Technologies

Hey again,

found the issue (it crept in with another fix for the LightProbes), backporting the fix right now to 2019.3. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers

Peter77 and iamarugin like this.
  5. iamarugin

iamarugin

Thank you very much!

thefranke and Peter77 like this.
  6. iamarugin

iamarugin

In what version of Unity 2019.3 this fix is expected to land?

7. iamarugin

iamarugin

Any info will be appreciated. I can't move to the newest release candidates because of this bug, but staying on 2019.3f3 is a pain, because it crashes 10 times a day, very slow and unresponsive. I need to know, when this pain ends.

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

9. iamarugin

iamarugin

Thank you! I am relieved.

LeonhardP likes this.
  10. iamarugin

iamarugin

Just opened reproducible project attached to case in 2019.3f6, issue still here.

11. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I'm very sorry about that. I was misinformed and it indeed looks like the fix didn't land yet in 2019.3. It landed in 2020.1.0a21 and will hopefully be backported to 2019.3 shortly. The responsible teams have been notified.

iamarugin likes this.
  12. iamarugin

iamarugin

Thank you

13. iamarugin

iamarugin

Checked in 2019.3.1f1 the issue is gone. Thanks.

14. ViralArt

ViralArt

Found another bug with running the LightProbes.Tetrahedralize()
    Probes do not update if you have duplicated a light grp, instead of creating a new one from the menu.
    I presume unity thinks it is the same light grp even though you don't have clashing names. (Some ID in the background)

(Test Case)
    Premise: Have a room that switches between 2 light states.(Swapping the entire room, with baked lighting and probes)
    I have 3 scenes:My assembly scene with dynamic objects and 2 versions of the room each with light probes and baked light.

(Working as intended)
    If you additive load either scene the Light probes update automatically as they are the first probes present in the scene. If you unload the the scene, the probes stay and calling LightProbes.Tetrahedralize() will update them, and unity will once again realize there are no probes in the scene.

(The Bug)
    However if we load and unload lightSceneA and without calling LightProbes.Tetrahedralize() load lightSceneB.
    We now have SceneB, but we still use SceneA probes as we have yet to call LightProbes.Tetrahedralize()
    If we have duplicated the LightGroup from SceneA to use in SceneB, nothing happens when we call the function.
    It has to be a new group created from the menu.
    Naturally making a new group and copying the component from the original or a duplicate also does not work
    I cross tested this in many ways and conclusion is Unity thinks it's the same grp in some way.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  15. cpasjuste

cpasjuste

Hi!

Just a late note to confirm the problem on latest version (2019 4f4 or something).

It took me a while to figure this, if the light probe group is a copy (or a prefab etc) then the light probes are not updated on additive scene loading, even if you call LightProbes.Tetrahedralize().

16. iamarugin

iamarugin

Great, thank god I didn't update to the latest version.

unityunity