Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug (Case 1205918) Physically Based Sky - Upgrade to 2019.3.0f3 causes extreme memory usage

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by alia_0, Dec 16, 2019.

1. alia_0

alia_0

Hi there,

Looks like another issue with PBS, this time if I have it on, memory keeps being used up until it runs out. Current highest count is 30GB. This does _not_ happen if PBS is turned off.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Alia

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

For me, this happens if I constantly update the sky. Such as constantly rotating the sun/directional light or add a script to rotate the light a runtime. So currently it's impossible to do a day-night cycle with the sun rotating.

I think maybe it's because the sky is constantly rebaking and it might not clear until you finish rotating the light so it just keeps filing the memory. I might be wrong though as this is just a guess

alia_0 likes this.
  3. alia_0

alia_0

For me it happens even if I turn off sky rotation :(

4. alia_0

alia_0

Actually if i use normal hdri sky, i have the same issue (it stops growing if i stop the rotation), 23 references if the memory snapshot can be trusted. Such a confusing panel

Attached Files:

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This issue will be fixed in HDRP 7.2.0.

ImpossibleRobert likes this.
  6. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

It is still not fixed. I have already sent 2 repro's with timestamps how the memory was rising. I have absolutely empty scene and memory usage rises to 2 gigs and goes further, no matter what i do. There are no assets, just one small terrain. I did not get any response since i sent the first repro. Today i'm sending third, for latest unity version since you prioritize bugs on latest versions.