Search Unity

Question (Case 1202538) URP performance issue

Discussion in 'SRP Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A' started by optimise, Sep 29, 2022.

1. optimise

optimise

2. optimise

optimise

@phil_lira @Andre_Mcgrail I would like URP team look into this case again and make sure it's really getting full complete fix and land it at unity 2022.2 cycle first.

3. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

Those performance issues are fixed, but I can see how the case showing postponed is confusing, I'm not sure why it was done like that. If you scroll down you will see that that issue was broken down into 3 bugs [1][2][3]

Here you can see some of the PRs that improve the performance and fix these issues [1][2][3].

4. optimise

optimise

But this issue tracker is marked as Won't Fix and didn't mention any reason. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-performance-regression-when-compared-to-ppv2

5. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

I noticed that and unfortunately this ones was closed by developer without resolution note.

iirc some discussions this one was closed as won't fix because we don't support caching/baking passes in URP (something that could be explored with RenderGraph work in the future) and the cost of the LUT pass is negligible (microseconds in some platforms, worst case we seen 0.1ms).

It would be good at this point to test with all the improvements we made [1][2][3] and if still you can see performance regression report a new bug.

6. optimise

optimise

Could u get a QA to test this Case 1202538 again at latest Unity 2022.2 beta as I dun have access? I would like to make sure the performance issue is really fixed at Unity 2022.2 cycle.