Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug (Case 1201759) Looking at some models with the camera turns the scene black in HDRP

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Refeas, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Refeas

Refeas

I just downloaded new Beta 12 and tried to upgrade my project which was on b11 but the editor crashes during import. I attached the Editor.log and error.log files as a ZIP file to this post if that helps in any way.

Attached Files:

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

For future readers of this thread, here is the callstack from the editor.log where it crashed:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. (Unity) ShaderLab::IntShader::PostLoad
    2. (Unity) Shader::SetGlobalRenderPipeline
    3. (Unity) Shader_Set_Custom_PropGlobalRenderPipeline
    4. (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Shader:set_globalRenderPipeline (string)
    5. (Mono JIT Code) [C:\Dev\games\forawhile\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1.5\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipeline.cs:628] UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline:SetRenderingFeatures ()
    6. (Mono JIT Code) [C:\Dev\games\forawhile\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1.5\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipeline.cs:309] UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline:.ctor (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset,UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset)
    7. (Mono JIT Code) [C:\Dev\games\forawhile\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1.5\Runtime\RenderPipeline\HDRenderPipelineAsset.cs:38] UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipelineAsset:CreatePipeline ()
    8. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline ()
    9. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:PrepareRenderPipeline (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset)
    10. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset,UnityEngine.Camera[],intptr,Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle)
    11. (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void_object_object_intptr_AtomicSafetyHandle (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    12. (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [c:\build\output\unity-technologies\mono\mono\mini\mini-runtime.c:2809] mono_jit_runtime_invoke
    13. (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [c:\build\output\unity-technologies\mono\mono\metadata\object.c:2921] do_runtime_invoke
    14. (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [c:\build\output\unity-technologies\mono\mono\metadata\object.c:2968] mono_runtime_invoke
    15. (Unity) scripting_method_invoke
    16. (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke
    17. (Unity) ScriptableRenderContext::ExtractAndExecuteRenderPipelineNoCleanup
    18. (Unity) ScriptableRenderContext::ExtractAndExecuteRenderPipeline
    19. (Unity) Camera::CustomRenderWithPipeline
    20. (Unity) Camera::StandaloneCustomRender
    21. (Unity) CameraScripting::Render
    22. (Unity) Camera_CUSTOM_Render
    23. (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Camera:Render (UnityEngine.Camera)
    24. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.PreviewRenderUtility:Render (bool,bool)
    25. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector:DoRenderPreview ()
    26. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector:RenderStaticPreview (string,UnityEngine.Object[],int,int)
    27. (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset (UnityEngine.Object,UnityEngine.Object[],string)
    28. (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_object_object_object_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    29. (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [c:\build\output\unity-technologies\mono\mono\mini\mini-runtime.c:2809] mono_jit_runtime_invoke
    30. (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [c:\build\output\unity-technologies\mono\mono\metadata\object.c:2921] do_runtime_invoke
    31. (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [c:\build\output\unity-technologies\mono\mono\metadata\object.c:2968] mono_runtime_invoke
    32. (Unity) scripting_method_invoke
    33. (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke
    34. (Unity) MonoCreateAssetPreview
    35. (Unity) WriteAssetPreviewToFile
    36. (Unity) WriteAssetPreviewNoInfo
    37. (Unity) ImportToObjects
    38. (Unity) ImportAsset
    39. (Unity) AssetImportWorker::Import
    40. (Unity) AssetImportManager::ImportInProcess
    41. (Unity) AssetImportManager::Import
    42. (Unity) ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets
    43. (Unity) RefreshInternalV2
    44. (Unity) StopAssetImportingV2
    45. (Unity) RefreshV2
    46. (Unity) AssetDatabase::Refresh
    47. (Unity) Application::InitializeProject
    48. (Unity) WinMain
    49. (Unity) __scrt_common_main_seh
    50. (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    51. (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

Refeas likes this.
  3. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Thanks Refeas. Can you submit a bug report using the Bug Reporter tool, attaching your minimal project and we will also get the callstack attached in a Fogbugz number for tracking the issue.

4. Refeas

Refeas

I wasn't able to reproduce this in a simple project following the same steps. I deleted the Library folder on the faulty one and it finished "successfully" but I got a bunch of errors when trying to run my game in that project. Will update you once I conclude more testing, but the project is just not working on b12.

5. Refeas

Refeas

Well, I have some new developement on this. For some reason, the upgrade from b11 to b12 on the faulty project magically started working. However I've discovered that skybox is broken in HDRP (B12 + HDRP 7.1.5) - whenever I point the camera in certain directions, the scene goes completely black (except for UI) in both scene and game view and only appears OK in certain angles. When I switch off HDRI Skybox in the Volume Settings, it starts working properly. I tried all the skybox types and they are all broken in the same way. However I was not able to reproduce this issue in an empty project even when using the same volume settings and packages.

6. SebLazyWizard

SebLazyWizard

I had the same issue, deleting the Library folder fixed it.

charlesb_rm likes this.
  7. Refeas

Refeas

Fixed the crash or the skybox bug? I tried to delete it multiple times but to no avail.

8. SebLazyWizard

SebLazyWizard

I meant the crash, there's no problem with HDRP as far as I can tell.
    I'm using the Physically Based Sky, though.

9. Refeas

Refeas

I only have the problem in that specific project. I tried PBS as well as Gradient Sky and they are all broken for me. The only way it worked was to disable skybox altogether. I'll jsut stick to B11 for now.

10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Have you tried stripping the project down? A reproducible + bug report for this would be much appreciated. There are some tools that can help with that: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/08/24/attaching-your-project-to-a-bug-report/

11. Refeas

Refeas

I was finally able to reproduce the issue. I reported the bug as case 1201759. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Edit: I just noticed that it has been submitted with 2019.2 for some reason, is there a way you could change the version manually to 2019.3.0f1? Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    LeonhardP and charlesb_rm like this.
  12. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Refeas likes this.
  13. Refeas

Refeas

Hey @LeonhardP, any news on this? It's still present in 2019.3.0f4 and HDRP 7.1.7 and it's literally preventing us from working on our project since the last working version was b11 and that one crashes a lot.

14. Refeas

Refeas

2019.3 is out but the issue is still present even tho it is "planned for 2019.3". Would be nice to know which version is it planned to be fixed in. It's been more than 2 months and we are still unable to work on our project.

15. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I've reached out to the devs to check whether they have any updates about this.

Refeas likes this.
  16. PPenar

PPenar

@LeonhardP

Any update on this please? This is still happening as of today, and is a really big blocker. For us it only happens when building a project from linux-based system image.

EDIT: It is also present in 2019.3.0f6

17. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

18. PPenar

PPenar

Awesome! I'll be following this topic, thanks for the info!

LeonhardP likes this.
  19. LaFabula

LaFabula

Still happening. Tried everything suggested in the previous posts. Unity 2019.4 HDRP 7.3.1

Attached Files: