Search Unity

(Case 1200207) Oculus Android package strips out necessary manifest information

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by fherbst, Nov 21, 2019.

1. fherbst

fherbst

This just cost me a couple hours to find as the code doesn't look suspicious.

The OnPostGenerateGradleAndroidProject in OculusManifest strips out the following necessary tag:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030001" />
    It's simply GONE after that postprocessor has run. This results in Oculus not accepting the APK anymore (the automated checks kick in and say that "glEsVersion is not specified in manifest". After checking with Android Studio APK Analyzer I can see that this is true, it's been stripped out from the original AndroidManifest.xml in Assets/Plugins/Android.

Simply adding a "return" at the beginning of that method prevents the stripping and allows store submission again.

This is a regression to earlier versions of the Oculus Android package where this attribute was not stripped out.

@LeonhardP this is another blocker for Quest support in Unity (fortunately this time with a workaround).

2. jj-unity

jj-unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting this! I have a fix going through QA now. This should go out in a 1.38.5 package, as well as an updated version of the Oculus XR Plugin package. I'll update here when those have been published.

3. fherbst

fherbst

Thanks for letting me know!

Please note that the last couple versions (since 1.38.1) all had issues with building to an actual device and/or trying to push to a store and/or messing with the manifest. I'd hope QA catches such issues by actually trying out the same workflows actual users do.

4. jj-unity

jj-unity

Unity Technologies

1.38.5 should be live now with a fix for this issue.

fherbst likes this.
  5. tomph

tomph

Hi @jj-unity which package/plugin are you referring to (1.38.5) ? I am experiencing this issue...