Search Unity

[Case 1184154] Unity 2019.3 Build failed because of Burst and Mathematics

Discussion in 'Burst' started by iamarugin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. iamarugin

iamarugin

Unity 2019.3
    Burst 1.1.2
    Mathematics 1.1.0

When I tried to build the project, build failed with the folowing error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unexpected error while processing function `System.Collections.Generic.IEqualityComparer`1<int>.GetHashCode(System.Collections.Generic.IEqualityComparer`1<int>* this, int obj)`. Reason: ��뫪� �� ��ꥪ� �� 㪠�뢠�� �� �������� ��ꥪ�.
    2. at Unity.Mathematics.noise.taylorInvSqrt(Unity.Mathematics.float4 r) (at C:\Unity\rocket_science\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.mathematics@1.1.0\Unity.Mathematics\Noise\common.cs:23)
    3. at Unity.Mathematics.noise.snoise(Unity.Mathematics.float3 v) (at ...
    6. Internal compiler exception: System.NullReferenceException: ��뫪� �� ��ꥪ� �� 㪠�뢠�� �� �������� ��ꥪ�.
    7.    � Burst.Compiler.IL.Helpers.CecilExtensions.IsDelegate(TypeDefinition typeDef)
    8.    � Burst.Compiler.IL.Intrinsics.FunctionPointerProcessor.IsDelegateInvoke(ILFunctionReference method)
    9.    � Burst.Compiler.IL.Syntax.ILBuilder.IsIntrinsicCall(ILFunctionReference binding, Boolean& dontVisitImpl)
    10.    � Burst.Compiler.IL.Syntax.ILBuilder.CreateFunctionFromRef(ILFunctionReference funcRef)
    11.    � Burst.Compiler.IL.Syntax.ILBuilder.VisitPendingFunctionReferences()

2. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Just to note: we've seen this issue and the associated case, and are in the process of looking into this. I'll keep you posted!

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  3. iamarugin

iamarugin

Thanks!

sheredom likes this.
  4. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

I think I've identified the problem, will DM you.

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  5. Nyanpas

Nyanpas

What are you doing to cause this? I've yet to experience it.

6. iamarugin

iamarugin

You should avoid using static managed objects in the Burst Jobs. In my case it was static managed Dictionary, that I used in the Burst Job. When I replaced that with method, everything works again. Thanks to @Lee_Hammerton for clarification.

sheredom and Lee_Hammerton like this.
  7. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

And just to be clear - the compiler should have done a better job at telling you that, and we're going to fix that too :)

MNNoxMortem and iamarugin like this.