Search Unity

Bug [CASE 1176895] TextField issue when using formatting tags

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Elringus, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Elringus

Elringus

2. Elringus

Elringus

Actually, it appears the issue is connected with text formatting tags. Eg, when a `<i></i>` present in a text field (no matter the flex-wrap option), text selection and layout breaks.

3. Elringus

Elringus

4. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report!

Elringus likes this.
  5. Elringus

Elringus

I've got a response from the QA stuff recently, stating that the issues:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...eld-size-is-changed-when-using-rich-text-tags
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-was-clicked-when-whitespace-is-set-to-normal

are now closed and won't be fixed, because "it is a low priority defect and there are more pressing issues at the moment".

I'm the developer of a quite popular asset on the store (https://u3d.as/1pg9) and those issues are really critical for the users:

I can't just tell my customers that Unity decided they don't care to fix this.

Can you please reconsider your decision? @uDamian @QA-for-life

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    labandunga likes this.
  6. MattM_Unity

MattM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello Elringus!

The bug has been reopened, reassigned and has had his priority bumped. We misjudged the scope of the defect, sorry about that.

Elringus likes this.
  7. Elringus

Elringus

Thank you, I really appreciate that!

Can you please also reconsider the other one (regarding the rich text tags)? I do get that there are more pressing issues and not expecting it to be fixed soon, but closing the issue with a "won't fix" is like denying the existence of the bug.

My use case is a visual editor, where user can input text to be printed in-game. The text can contain formatting tags (color, size, etc). Afaik, that's a completely normal usage scenario for a TextField, yet it messes the field's size, making it unusable in some cases. The fact that some plain text could have such side-effects on the layout is rather disturbing on its own.

8. MattM_Unity

MattM_Unity

Unity Technologies

We reopened this bug as well!

Elringus likes this.
  9. Elringus

Elringus

10. uMathieu

uMathieu

Unity Technologies

I can confirm the issue has been re-opened. It seems the issue tracker website just does not reflect the latest status.

Elringus likes this.