Search Unity

Feedback (Case 1171344) Focusing editor causes "Waiting Mousecursor" for 2 secs before it gets repsonsive

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Peter77, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Peter77

Peter77

Focusing the Editor causes a two seconds freeze with the project attached to Case 1108597 on my PC. Looking at the Profiler reveals it's caused by AssetDatabase.V2.Scan. It probably gets worse the more assets the project contains.

AssetDatabase_V2_Scan.png

Reproduce
    1. Use hardware similar to the PC I submitted the bug-report with. You probably can't reproduce it on high-end hardware.
    2. Open project from Case 1108597
    3. Open Notepad
    4. Focus Unity Editor
    Repeat step 3 and 4 as often as you want.

Actual
    Focusing Unity Editor displays for about two seconds a "Waiting Mousecursor" before the editor gets responsive.

Expected
    Editor should be responsive immediately.

Griz and XRA like this.
  2. XRA

XRA

YES this type of issue happens so often on a huge project I'm on, Unity editor wont come up after being de-focused for a bit (not out of ram or anything), often much longer than 2 seconds, really appreciate you reporting these types of issues.

Peter77 likes this.
  3. fherbst

fherbst

Are you using HDRP / LWRP in that project?

We're seeing really weird glitches on focussing / defocussing Unity with everything from lights, ambient occlusion, culling, screen space reflections going crazy in specific camera positions. Focussing Unity again freezes everything for a couple seconds and then (sometimes only after shifting scene view a bit) everything goes back to "normal".

4. Peter77

Peter77

Nope. It uses Unity built-in renderer.