Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1140018) Laptop cuts power when using Unity after Nvidia 417.71 driver

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by optimise, Mar 24, 2019.

1. optimise

optimise

I guess it's the special critical regression bug that I ever discovered. Not sure whether it's laptop brand and/or model specific bug. Since Nvidia announces Creator Ready Drivers program, I hope Unity can pursuit Nvidia to add Unity into the Creator Ready Drivers into test list to make sure Unity is always work properly.

After Nvidia 417.71 driver since the integration of RTX graphics laptop support of all the new drivers, the Clevo P650RS-G laptop with GTX 1070 (Non-Max-Q) I'm using will cut my laptop power when I use Unity game engine. It's 100% always reproducible bug. I already tried several street test and games on my laptop and confirmed there's no problem running other things other than Unity. Try to get the same laptop and other laptops with GTX 1070 (Non-Max-Q) and do the following test:
    1) Install Unity Hub at https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download
    2) Open Unity Hub - Install - Beta releases - select Unity 2019.1.0b8
    3) After done installation, select New - choose Unity version 2019.1.0b8 - choose Template High-Definition RP(Preview)
    4) After done creating project, wait there like 1 minute without doing input interaction. The same test I try at Unity version 2019.3.9f1 will cut laptop power at the assets and packages importing phase.
    5) Try to interact Unity like changing betwen Scene and Game tab
    6) You will notice Unity is freezing and after a while the laptop will cut the power.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. optimise

optimise

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Your report is being processed.

optimise likes this.