Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1139579) Using Mathf.Infinity makes IL2CPP compile error

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Kichang-Kim, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi, I found that using Mathf.Infinity makes IL2CPP compile error with Unity 2019.1.0b8, Android ARM64 platform.

If you used Mathf.Infinity in your code, IL2CPP compiling is failed with error like this:

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Could you please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. You can post this Case number here (in this forum thread) for Unity staff to pick up, in case they see it.

LeonhardP and DavidGeoffroy like this.
  3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I sent bug report, Case 1139579.

4. futurlab_peterh

futurlab_peterh

Hi, this error is also happening on our project (running 2019.1.0b9) on PS4 and Xbox One builds (strangely enough, Switch builds seem to come out fine).

Is there a known workaround for it, until an actual fix is in place?

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

There is a work around for this issue. In the Unity editor installation, you can modify the Data/il2cpp/libil2cpp/codegen/il2cpp-codegen-il2cpp.h file and add this line near the top:

#include <limits>

This is just a work around for beta releases though. Before the 2019.1 release ships we will correct this issue.

6. futurlab_peterh

futurlab_peterh

This worked perfectly, thank you!

7. rtorresbonetff

rtorresbonetff

I had the same issue, thank you!
    How did you find out it was because of Mathf.Infinity?

8. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I checked Unity's console log and investigated auto-generated il2cpp c++ source files (Temp/il2cppOutput). In that file, there are useful information about source C# types. (like type names)