Search Unity

(Case 1135076) Unity Hub fails to recognize license

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MNNoxMortem, Mar 8, 2019.

1. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Starting Unity 2018.3.7f1 directly (without going through the Unity Hub - either via command line or simply via it's .exe) shows the plus license is activated.
    Unity Hub 1.6.0 fails with "License errror"
    Unable to start Unity 2019.2.0a7 because it is not possible to start it directly without going through the hub, which will immediatly fail with shown error.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You can start Unity directly using a command line (I really need to store that command somewhere). Here is the one I should use if I wanted to bypass the Hub and open a project in Unity:

Code (CSharp):
    1. "H:\Faire\Unity Technologies\2018.3.7f1\Editor\Unity.exe" -projectPath "H:\Faire\Unity Technologies\Projets\UT tutorials\2D\2D Platformer (Unite Berlin)"
    You shouldn't have to many problems using it as an example and create your own command line. :)

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  3. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@APSchmidt Thanks, I am fully aware of that.

This however fails silently when the Unity Hub 1.6.0 fails to verify the license for Unity 2019.2.0a7 as written above. It does not matter if you start it via command line or not. I updated the above text to clarify this.

Update: @APSchmidt. Thanks, although random, you managed to actually help me. After opening the editor once without -runEditorTest it took way longer to reimport than usually and this time the import succeeded. It first loaded with the light skin (personal license) and after some time seemed to also succeed activating Unity 2019.2.0a7 and loading the dark skin.

Once this succeeded, I was also able to run my other command line steps in Unity 2019.2.0a7 again.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not much practical but at least you can carry on your work.

You're using 2019.x for production?

5. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Can you send me your log hub, or report a bug from the hub and give me the case id for the license issue.

6. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

I get this too awful, and hub is awful

7. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

God forbid, No! I am just managing half a dozen of Unity versions on my build server, including alpha and beta versions to see which bugs we will have to deal with, once those versions become "production" or "a little bit less buggy" in unity terms.

@afshinity Case 1135076 should be the correct case number if I am not mistaken.

@Chaz32621 I like the hub in general. I just don't like running into license issues - no matter if with the editor, the website or the hub.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  8. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Looking into your logs, I guess the issue is permission to read/write the license. (if that's ok, I fixed this for v2, and I will fix it for v1.7)

To confirm that, would you please check the permission on C:\ProgramData\Unity folder? Make sure the Windows user that is logged in has read/write access to that folder, and try again

9. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@afshinity Thank you. I am admin on the machine and should have read, write and execution rights ("Zulassen" == "permit/allow")
    upload_2019-3-12_18-46-45.png
    upload_2019-3-12_18-47-10.png
    And the folder is owned (Besitzer) by the group of administrators - which I am part of.
    upload_2019-3-12_18-48-0.png

10. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

I am referring to `ProgramData` folder where we store the license, not the `Program Files`

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  11. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@afshinity: Owner. System, Group Administrators - which I am part of: Full Access

12. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Would you please report a bug using the hub bug reporter (accessible from the tray menu or the my account dropdown) and share with me the id of the bug. That way I can take a closer look to the root cause of the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience