Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1130455) Blendshapes cause poke through in 2019 but not 2018.3 with same settings

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Acissathar, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Acissathar

Acissathar

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm running into an issue where I am seeing poke through due to blend shapes in 2019b, but not in 2018.3

This is what I see in 2019:

In 2018 and 2017, I do not see the skin poking through the legs.

When going to the Model import tab, they both appear to have the exact same values:

I don't know if maybe my search terms were too vague (a side effect of me not knowing exactly what is wrong), but I was unable to find anything that specific tied a change in 2019 to what I am seeing.

Are there any pointers to what might need to be adjusted in my 2019 project?

Thanks!

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If it works in earlier version than Unity 2019.2 beta, then you probably found a regression.

In this case, could you please submit a bug-report, including a project to reproduce the issue, as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Submitting a bug-report allows Unity Technologies to take a look at this issue.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post this Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They recently allowed blendshapes to go over 100 (so they extrapolate further than the intended morph target), maybe that's what you're seeing?

4. Acissathar

Acissathar

It's possible, this thread was just a check for known issue or if I just missed something before sending a report off.

I'm not sure, there are also model imports without any actual shaping but they still do the same poke through that doesn't occur earlier. Additionally, playing with the blendshapes produces some horrifying results, especially on the face. This might be related to going above 100 though.

5. Acissathar

Acissathar

I discovered the cause after having it start to occur in my 2018.3 downgraded project as well.

For some unknown reason my Blend Weights in Quality Settings was set to 1 bone. Changing this back to 4 bones removes the artifact issues completely.

So just user error this time :)

AcidArrow likes this.
  6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thank you for updating this thread and the bug report!

Acissathar likes this.