Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1123956) Skinnedmeshes turn into distorted slenderman-esque figures in play mode

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by thelebaron, Feb 4, 2019.

1. thelebaron

thelebaron

Having this strange behaviour with some of my models, models get scaled up and distorted for some reason, none of this happened prior to 2019 with the same models.
    Reproduce - Open samplescene.unity and play
    Expected - Something similar to the two figures on the left(there are four figures in the scene, two appear on the right).

Reproduced with b1 and b2(meshes affected were fine in versions 2018.x and 2017.x).

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Might be an animator regression, I had this with earlier betas, but only for blend trees.

3. thelebaron

thelebaron

Case 1123956 its reproducible to a degree, something in my original project affected the way prefabs / imported models were upgraded.
    Changing the animation type to none than back to humanoid fixed it, and it seemed to affect only .ma files, not fbx. For the bug repro I believe I exported the affected models as a package to a new project, which was reproducible but if I just grabbed the model files in explorer and dropped them into a new project the same behaviour didn't happen, so obviously something to do with my original project. Thought id update this in case anyone else ran into the same thing, might help.