Search Unity

(Case 1121441) PackageManager *.dll can not be referenced from the Inspector

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by MNNoxMortem, Jan 27, 2019.

1. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

*.dll can not be referenced from the Inspector for "override reference" Assembly Definitions:
    Example: ProBuilderCore.dll.

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@MNNoxMortem Is there something that you wanted to ask/share?

Pascal

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  3. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@okcompute_unity When you enable "override reference" for an assembly definition it is not possible to use the Inspector to add a reference to an Assembly which is available as *.dll inside of /Packages. You have to manually add the referenced to the .asdmef file.

For example: the Unity.ProBuilder packages comes with code in 2 *.dll. If you want to use them via code you have to manually edit the assembly definition. I'd consider that either a missing feature at best or at worst a bug.

Sorry. Thought the above was self-explanatory but next time I'll take the time to explain it in detail right away :)

4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

No problem. Since you already opened a ticket, I will let this (feature request/bug) go through the problem channels to give you proper feedback.

Regards,

Pascal

5. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@okcompute_unity Thanks, I do not need feedback, I just wanted to report it and let others know if they run into it (therefore the thread). From what I've seen so far only a minor part of the users is using asmdef in the first places and from those only a small subgroup is keeping it's references clean in the first place.

Especially since many user seem to have a hard time moving forward to asmdef I am happy to maybe help the one or other.

6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Noted! Thank you for sharing and helping out on the transition :)

MNNoxMortem likes this.