Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1121441) PackageManager *.dll can not be referenced from the Inspector

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by MNNoxMortem, Jan 27, 2019.

1. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

*.dll can not be referenced from the Inspector for "override reference" Assembly Definitions:
    Example: ProBuilderCore.dll.

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@MNNoxMortem Is there something that you wanted to ask/share?

Pascal

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  3. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@okcompute_unity When you enable "override reference" for an assembly definition it is not possible to use the Inspector to add a reference to an Assembly which is available as *.dll inside of /Packages. You have to manually add the referenced to the .asdmef file.

For example: the Unity.ProBuilder packages comes with code in 2 *.dll. If you want to use them via code you have to manually edit the assembly definition. I'd consider that either a missing feature at best or at worst a bug.

Sorry. Thought the above was self-explanatory but next time I'll take the time to explain it in detail right away :)

4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

No problem. Since you already opened a ticket, I will let this (feature request/bug) go through the problem channels to give you proper feedback.

Regards,

Pascal

5. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@okcompute_unity Thanks, I do not need feedback, I just wanted to report it and let others know if they run into it (therefore the thread). From what I've seen so far only a minor part of the users is using asmdef in the first places and from those only a small subgroup is keeping it's references clean in the first place.

Especially since many user seem to have a hard time moving forward to asmdef I am happy to maybe help the one or other.

6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Noted! Thank you for sharing and helping out on the transition :)

MNNoxMortem likes this.