Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the naming of a new user research platform that we are working on.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1106264) Changing anything in mesh collider Cooking Options makes mesh require to be readable

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by AcidArrow, Dec 3, 2018.

1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

First off, by default when you add a mesh collider, the cooking options look like this:

cookingoptions.png

Even though all options are checked, "Everything" isn't. Weird, huh? This is obviously a bug, but I thought it was a weird visual GUI bug. I was wrong.

So I checked "Everything" just to make everything be more "tidy" and suddenly my colliders aren't working anymore. In the console I get the following error:

So I quickly check the "given transform". It was at the origin with a scale of 1.

Maybe it was one of the cooking options, I thought. So I disabled them all. Still got the error.

Actually, interacting in any way with the Cooking Options makes the collider suddenly require being readable, for reasons I really can't imagine.

If I don't touch the cooking options at all everything works as expected (unless of course I have something like actual negative scale on the mesh collider).

tspk91 likes this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-MeshCollider.html

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Fair enough, somehow I missed that.

Although, I am unclear on how the defaults are different from "Everything". It has literally every option selected and if I uncheck and re-check one option, then somehow I am no longer in Defaults?

And on top of that, I don't get an error message about the defaults, I get an error message about the transform being weird?

customphase and tspk91 like this.
unityunity