Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

(Case 1096804) [Prefab] No Overrides after removing missing mono script

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by optimise, Nov 1, 2018.

1. optimise

optimise

I tried to fix the prefab by removing missing mono script but there is no changes at Overriedes and I cannot apply the changes

upload_2018-11-1_23-41-10.png

2. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I was coming to report the very same thing.
    I've been remastering a project and It has multiple missing scripts here and there. I've been doing most in 2018.2 where I could work with prefabs proficiently to find out the new prefab system is unncesarily bulkier and that not allow this kind of operations. In theese objects with missing scripts "revert all" does not work either. I had to swapt the in scene instances with a swap tool.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. Flavelius

Flavelius

It also seems since 2018.x that renaming scripts in visual studio has become harder for unity to re-link them. Many references just become missing components, this works better in previous versions.

4. runevision

runevision

Did you remove the missing mono script in the Prefab file? That is, in the Prefab Asset, not the Prefab instance.

5. optimise

optimise

Nope. I try to remove the missing mono script that is dragged into the scene (I guess it's Prefab instance). But I can successfully remove the missing mono script inside the prefab that is in the Project window (I guess it's Prefab asset).

6. runevision

runevision

All right, glad it worked!