Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

CarX Technology. Car physics middleware for high class driving simulators

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CarX-Technology, Oct 6, 2012.

1. CarX-Technology

CarX-Technology

Hello Dear Friends! We are proud to present to you our project - CarX Technology.​

. CarX is a unique, high class physics engine, It combines a very realistic behavior of all vehicle types with simple control from different kinds of devices. CarX physics model seriously differs from most of others, our physics model represents a very detailed simulation of vehicle dynamics in real time and it means that CarX is universal and can be used for all vehicle types, and they will behaves like real cars in any conditions and situations. You need only to define general characteristics for creating your car, and due to amazingly realistic force feedback on the steering wheel you will truly feel the car like you driving the real one, but due to Driving assist you can clearly control the car with keyboard keys, even in extreme situations.
    . In CarX you can just look at the car from the side and you will understand that it “lives” by the laws of physics, all its parts are modeled separately and constantly interact with each other, it looks great, even in slow motion. The difficult and important part of car physics is tire model which is responsible for the interaction with the track. Our tire model takes into account lots of factors, for example, if the tire become deformed its change the contact patch, you'll feel it and even see deformation visually.
    . CarX physics is unique and universal. It’s suitable both for realistic simulators and for arcade racing games focused on realism, because of driving aids. According to your choice, you can make the physical model more arcade, it’s enough to change the grip of the tires, for example.
    . The Development of CarX took more than 8 years and it is still improving. Initially the project wasn’t planned as commercial, it was a daily hobby. Inspiration to us was “Gran Turismo” series, our physics also often compares with «Live For Speed» simulator, which we are very respecting. For long eight years, the quality of the project grew until it reached the level to which we aspire. We were getting a lot of e-mail: that our physics is the best, that people want to see only this kind of physics in games, that they want to see CarX in their projects, were interested in the price etc. Knowing how much time and work requires engine of such class, we think: ”Why not share our developments?” We started to move in this direction and made sure to have no problems with integrating CarX in any project, which can be on any platform and on any engine.

Key features of CarX:​

- Easy to integrate into any engine (PC, Mac, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii,WEB applications, IOs, Android (with Unity3D engine))
    - Simulation/deformation of the tires
    - Detailed simulation of the suspension and all main systems of the car
    - Clearly control of the car with keyboard keys (Driving aids)
    - Realistic force feedback from the contact patches of tires
    - Detailed car setup (even in real time)
    - CarX can simulate any types of cars: from the carting to the bus with several sections.
    Read more about features

We are glad to receive opinions and questions and please, write about your project, on what platform it is creating, what requirements you have to the Physics engine etc.​

CarX video:​

With best regards, CarX Tech.
    Web site: [COLOR="royalblue"]www.CarX-Tech.com[/COLOR]
    Email: [COLOR="royalblue"]contact@carx-tech.com[/COLOR]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Ecocide

Ecocide

The traffic you guys realized in Unity looks amazing! Is it part of the package to create traffic like this?

3. ZJP

ZJP

4. Shigidy

Shigidy

CarX on Unity....Awesome!!!! Will this ever be on the Unity Asset Store? Maybe one day I'll be able to afford this amazing physics collection. Great work.

Also I'm having trouble downloading the demo, is there anyway you could send me the demo link. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  5. crockett

crockett

Very nice look feel in your demo. This is likely the most realistic and best feeling car physics system I've seen so far for unity. I wish I had a steering wheel for my PC to really put your demo to the tests. As side note I used to do Kart racing as well as some SCCA club racing and I can say this has a pretty nice feel too it.

It's a bit pricey for indie game builders but if your target is higher end developers, I guess it's in line for them. Out of curiosity, what is the difference in your licenses? I noticed you have a a few different prices but there isn't much info on what the differences are between them.

6. JeffAU

JeffAU

I received my link to the demo ( setup_carx demo v2.0(26.01.2012).exe ) - do you have a Mac demo build?

7. KatanaSim

KatanaSim

I'm...speechless. I totally love what I see there. Nice work.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

more than develop with it, i would like to play a full blown simulator made with it, i feel racing genre hasnt had much advancement in the last 10 years other than including tons of cars that feel pretty much the same hahaha..

and its funny to see that silverstone race track its a defacto track for any racing game hahahahah

9. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Have you looked at the comparison chart?

http://www.carx-tech.com/compare-car-physics-engine-eng

10. reddotgames

reddotgames

Hello CarX Team,

From new price sheet I see that you lower cost of carX. Thats good news. Last time when I speak with you guys (2011 year) you send me this kind of prices:

Im glad you realize that with this prices you will not get many customers :) 550$ for LITE is fair price.

11. CarX-Technology

CarX-Technology

Thank you all for the feedback, we appreciate your opinion.

Traffic is not part of CarX, this video is to demonstrate that CarX can simulate large number of vehicles in real-time. Also, the latest version of CarX supports multithreading that gives a significant performance boost.

No, but it looks good

Thanks,currently we can not promise that, but it is possible. You can buy CarX from our website.

Please fill the form on our web site and we send you the link, but the latest version of CarX is only in Unity demo yet.
    http://www.carx-tech.com/webplayer/webplayer.html
    For some reason it does not launching from the first time and does not work on all web browsers. We solve this problem soon.

Thank you, you can see the prices and the difference here

Try Unity demo, it works on Mac.
    http://www.carx-tech.com/webplayer/webplayer.html
    For some reason it does not launching from the first time and does not work on all web browsers. We solve this problem soon.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  12. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

Really nice, following this...

13. LeagueOfMonkeys

LeagueOfMonkeys

Hi CarX Tech Dev staff - my team is about to purchase a couple of project licences and we have sent some emails to your contact email address but no one has responded as yet (3 days). It's very important to know what we are buying will do what we are expecting. The main question we have is what games out there are currently using CarX and especially we want to know about the ones running on iOS. When you guys get a chance can you please respond to our emails - looking forward to a reply soon

cheers,
    Arran

14. CarX-Tech

CarX-Tech

Arran, sorry about delay.
    We have very much requests about purchasing CarX in last month and
    also we put very much attention to our clients who bought a license.
    Our team currently is small and sometimes we cant answer rapidly.
    We are working on our email response speed and all frequently asked
    questions will be available soon.

I make to you personal apologies for speed of the answer.
    We have emailed to you our proposal about little discount on
    the first purchase of any CarX license for your waiting.
    To get discount, report to me in advance about the decision to make
    purchase and I will report to you a coupon code.

See all answers at your email box.

Anatoly Scherbak
    product manager
    email: contact@carx-tech.com
    phone: +7926 5012915
    www.carx-tech.com
    CarX Technologies - Car physics engine for AAA racing games.

15. CarX-Technology

CarX-Technology

Watch the video about the "CarX" technology on a mobile device, we have made support for gyroscope and a special driving assistant. Video demonstrates the simple "CarX" technology demo on IPhone 3gs using "Unity3D". Notice the different behavior of the car according to different Parameters. In the future, we will show more possibilities of our engine on mobile devices.

www.Carx-tech.com

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  16. lockbox

lockbox

This certainly looks like an excellent starter package - and well worth the money. Eight years in the making? It definitely shows.

I had a lot of fun playing the web-player demo and this is probably the best Unity car demo I've ever seen or tried. The demo itself is really well-done. Love the setup options and how the controls are laid out. On my P4 test system, it ran extremely well.

With the right idea and some AAA assets, I'm sure someone could whip together a really good game with this. I'm hooked on the demo! lol

Good job guys!

17. omarzonex

omarzonex

very nice good programming Car
    how making script drifting score with the Wheels ????

18. CgPanda

CgPanda

good work, man, I really want to buy this, but now I don't have enough money. What a pity!

19. CarX-Tech

CarX-Tech

20. CarX-Tech

CarX-Tech

Hi! What do you mean?)

21. CarX-Tech

CarX-Tech

Thank you!

22. CarX-Technology

CarX-Technology

We have great news about CarX!

Мany people ask us to show how CarX engine works o Apple devices (IPhone, IPad, IPod).
    We glad to present our new demo for Apple devices.
    To find CarX Demo, type word carx in AppStore on your mobile device.
    Or open the link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id644907661

AppStore CarX Demo supports of gyroscope now!
    We have finaly tuned CarX handling assistant to work with gyro.

Also now you can record and upload your videos directly from application .
    Just click "Watch CarX replays" button in main menu and you will see all videos uploaded by our fans!

Click here to open CarX Everyplay video page

Demo Features:
    - insane feeling of powerful legendary sport car
    - If you like to drift, get ready to spend many hours to play this game
    - racing on the high detailed track
    - you can select different setups and tires - racing and sport(drift)
    - simulated turbo sound and the blow off valve!
    - live cameras and replays
    - you can see how the car goes by different surfaces - asphalt, grass, sand
    - you may switch off the traction control and the abs system
    - you can customize your handling scheme
    - use separate handbrake button for the initiating drift
    - animation of the deep smoke while drifting
    - you can upload your best replays to the public video channel
    - paint donuts burning tires

Enjoy your time with CarX!

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  23. Goblox

Goblox

Change your business model to accommodate independents and make more this year than you have since your first release.

Lite (Trial) $50
    Standard $100
    Pro $250
    Plus a simple upgrade system.

It's a pretty short list of people who are going to drop $950 minimum to evaluate whether they can make this work in their product. ~10 Licenses since 2008? Really?

If the software is what I think it is, you can sign me up for a pro copy at $250 and I won't be alone. Shut up and take our money.

24. VIC20

VIC20

Beside Unity itself this would be the main core technology of most games that would use it. Seriously, it makes no sense to sell it for a cheap price. And if it is really that good as it looks then it is just worth it. Sure it would be nice to try before buy…

25. Goblox

Goblox

Right, well they could do it that way - because that's been working a treat so far, what with the myriad of games out there running Carx in the wild (10 claimed licenses in 5 years, aka 2 sales per year) - or they could put the price within reach of mortals (and yes it should be cheaper than the game engine) and then pretty much anyone who needs cars and traffic in their project can drop this in their game like they would any other middleware marketed to indy devs even if they aren't trying to produce a hardcore sim. It's not like games that need cars are rare; it's a pretty big part of the human experience these days.

Let's talk about those who think it makes sense to sell it for cheap:
    Unity, Crytek, Epic

And those who think it makes no sense to sell it for cheap:
    Unigine

Gee, you can buy a Scaleform license for $295 and those guys are making money hand over fist - how can lower prices possibly equate to more money?

26. VIC20

VIC20

"Sell it for cheap" is leading to monopolies, is destroying businesses, is bad for those who need to work for less.

Selling some licenses for a lot of money is better than selling a lot of licenses for the same amount of money.
    Less support issues and the possibility to give much better support.

It is also better for the developers of games, because the game market won't be flushed with basically the same game experience (of a car simulation) in different styles and it will make more sense for other middleware developers to try to create their own product.

When you make a car racing game then the simulation itself is the most important thing. How could you sell your game at all to the end customer if you think the core of your game isn't worth more than the price of a cheap 3D model on turbosquid?

27. emergki

emergki

I have the CarX Standard version with some other features included. The support from the CarX guys is very good, those guys never left me without help. About the price, I believe that the price is good, I don't think that the price is too expensive because they sell a fantastic (and realistic) car physics package that you'll never find in any other package on the Asset-Store.

I agree with VIC20.

28. Goblox

Goblox

If there is any such thing as a "Monopoly" in the absence of a patent, I'd say it's a function of the software itself; not the price. Are lower average prices hurting the Giants? Yeah I guess so. That's called competition, but the only monopoly I see at the moment is CarX. As for working for less - I'm pretty certain the carx guys would make more - not less - selling in volume.

Only if you ignore the value of a robust user community.

If you are counting on the exclusivity of your physics model to sell your game, you've got a problem.

By this logic anything built in Ogre or Unity is worthless; surely it doesn't get any more "core" than the game engine. Extrapolation leads us to the conclusion that the most expensive components produce the best games.

Also, Sim != Game. If you want the sim, just download the CarX demo and call it a day. I guess if I were producing something so cookie-cutter that it could be duplicated simply by buying a piece of middleware I'd be more concerned.

29. Goblox

Goblox

Ha yes, I see you have one of the three projects they mention on their site.

As for never finding something comparable on the asset-store... Never say never.

30. VIC20

VIC20

I think we should stop hijacking this thread. Why don't you just write your own car physics engine and sell it for $50,-?

31. Goblox

Goblox

I've got Pacejka third edition sitting next to me here - the thought has occurred to me - but I'd love to skip reinventing the wheel just to undercut someone who's already done it. ...plus I struggled through calc2 dynamics six years ago...

32. VIC20

VIC20

That's exactly the point. Someone who seriously wants to create a game based on car physics will be glad to be able to buy a CarX license for the same price of just some hours or days that you usually charge your own customers for your work. It is a time and money saver and you don't have to reinvent the wheel. If you don't like the price then grab one of the other options on the store, if you think they are all overpriced then you might rethink of what you charge your own customers - to quote you: "That's called competition".

33. Ecocide

Ecocide

Not arguing about the price itself, the price model/system of the different versions is definitely not really client-friendly.
    Example: If you want only SIMPLE force feedback effects you have to raise 4 times more money. 2100 $ to only have the possibility to add a trailer to your car.
    Things like this are ridiculous. You WILL get a way better alternative (in terms of cost / benefit and btw with pretty much the same functionality as the standard carx version minimum) at the asset store, but of course I won't write any names here.

34. IsoArska

IsoArska

Hi, is this project alive anymore ? I've been contacting your contact email but no anwer in 3 days ? I know carx is a small team, as we are. I am very interested of buying license. So i would be very happy to hear something from you.

35. bizilux1

bizilux1

agree 100%...

price should be 1000$ for all version and i think the project would still be more alive than it is now... and more popular... i mean 10 sales in 5 years... sure they are expensive but still... the price is just too much for any indie developer...

36. Goblox

Goblox

It's kind of sad. I suppose we just have to hope the people who are still dreaming of the old "You must be at least this awesome to ride" business model figure it out before they wither and die.

37. Meltdown

Meltdown

That's what put me off this asset package.

They never responded to my first email. The second time I emailed they took about 5 days to respond.
    I told them I wanted a trial, then they emailed me months later asking if I was still interested in a trial.. I responded yes, then I never heard from them again.

When I get this sort of response from a company I automatically assume this is their level of paying customer support too.. so I stay away from companies like these.

38. visteon

visteon

Has anyone had any contact with these guys lately?

Can't seem to get any email responses.

39. robot-ink

robot-ink

I get no response from them either

today they updated their iOS app from a demo of their tech with a single car and track to a 'game' with coins and IAP so it looks like they've decided that's worth more money than licensing the physics to developers

40. JaimeAriz12

JaimeAriz12

is the example scene the same as in the videos?

I recently had a look to the physics in a game called Rocket League and read an interesting article about rocket league hitboxes. Had you been inspired on that maybe?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  41. JaimeAriz12

JaimeAriz12

a webplayer would be great,

42. hassanayoub1985

hassanayoub1985

Dear,
    I am the IT manager at PC4TC games develpment company, we are interested in carx physics engine, and we hope to get in touch.
    We tried to contact you by skype, mail and other ways but always no reponse.

43. exerion

exerion

We have also been trying to contact them, no response.

44. Soul-Challenger

Soul-Challenger

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  45. hassanayoub1985

hassanayoub1985

Hello sir,
    How did you purchases a license form them?
    We contacted carx many times without response from them!!!
    I hope that you help us

46. Soul-Challenger

Soul-Challenger

47. bizilux1

bizilux1

send one PM to me too man. ur game looks sick, that driving physics is just... orgasmic :)

48. Soul-Challenger

Soul-Challenger

Bought the license in 2012... communication was a bit slowish but nothing tragic. Have you tried calling their offices?

49. hassanayoub1985

hassanayoub1985

Yes, tried the skype, mail, and Antony number, do you have number you know which they answer it?

50. bizilux1

bizilux1

i think its not being sold anymore... since they are still active and updated their carx ios game on 24.9.2014.... but yeh just not selling this anymore, he probably doesnt want this amazing physics to spread... too bad