Search Unity

Carrara animation to FBX procedure?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by CarlL, Nov 26, 2008.

1. suicune2001

suicune2001

Oh, since the .3ds files had the bones attached, I thought it would. >_<;

Carrara doesn't export .bvh files but it seems I can open one. I guess I have no choice but to download Blender and experiment. x_x;

Well I downloaded it and it says I need something called Python to run it. >_<;; I have no idea which one to download. 0_o

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

If you're running Windows you shouldn't need to install Python, but we're running way off topic here. I recommend you visit the blenderartists.org forums and look for advice there. Or PM me and I'll try to help you.

3. suicune2001

suicune2001

Yeah, sorry about that. XD I am running Windows but it says I need it. 0_o

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

5. suicune2001

suicune2001

Thanks a lot! That video did the trick. :D I really didn't have Python for whatever reason, but I do now.

6. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

No problem. There are literally tons and tons of Blender tutorials all over the internet. The next time you have a question just try doing a google search, that's what I normally do. I found that video by searching for "blender 3D python install" and it was like the 3rd or 4th one on the page. If that fails, try the blenderartists.org forums. The search function there isn't very good, but will usually turn up something. And lastly, join the forum and post a question. I normally get at least one answer in less than an hour, sometimes in just a few minutes. Great community, just like here! :)

7. suicune2001

suicune2001

I already joined the forum last night. XD I asked them what Python to install and someone told me to get the 32 bit if I have the 32 bit Blender but I ended up just getting the one in the video. lol

I took a look at Blender and that is one confusing program. :eek: Just OPENING a .obj file was an adventure and a half. :? But I did what I always do with new programs, I went to youtube! Now I'm watching some Blender series that sounds like it was made by some little kid, but that's ok. XD

8. AlbertoT

AlbertoT

Hello

Did anybody try to export animated files from Carrara 7 in .x file format and to convert them in FBX using UltimeUnwrap3d ?