Search Unity

Carnival Plus Amusement Park

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by yellowlabrador, Nov 5, 2006.

1. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Some screenshot of the amusement park, nothing spectacular.(75% done)
    As always, comments, suggestions are welcome.

Ray

Attached Files:

2. nickavv

nickavv

looking nice! A big graphical improvement over the too-dark colors of that original shooting gallery game!

3. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

it looks too clean, add a few distbins, a bit of grass at the edge of the road where the wall is to break the line, the benches look too generic and the blue colour looks wierd, also add somthing at the base of the signposts in the middle to make them look more real, like for example a bit of grass, or a small stone foundation. also add shadows.
    i cant really see much of whats outside the road, but the houses looks very boxy and simple.

looking forward to a webplayer

4. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

I changed that too. I think that one looks beter now. :)

I swept and vacuum :)

Some grass are inside the wall, but not on walkways.

Trying to make the bench look like plastic, ended up too bright. will most likely revert back to the original texture.

The sign post do need some base.

Will the shadows render on lower end machine? Haven't tested it. But it would add some nice effects.

House is one big box.

Trying to make everything as simple as possible, still concerned about the low end machines(especially on windows PC), maybe I should just drop the low end machine worry and use everything that Unity has to offer, like water etc.

Thanks for the Input Guys appreciate it.

Ray

5. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

what i meant by grass at the side of the road is that where the walls hit the road theres an ugly 90 degre angle, all the way to the end of the road, grass or a few weeds or other small objets with low poly count would break it up and make it look more believable.

6. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

That's what I was trying to accomplish with the bench.

Small objects... like some trash cans along the side, Hmm. Gotta have some trash cans for the litter bugs. :D

Thanks,
    Ray

7. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Looks pretty good :)

Don't forget the actual trash laying everywhere, smeared and damaged or cracked sidewalk, and some small vegitation. I would pay more atention to breaking up the monotony of the world if you want it to look real good.

I see in one of your screenshots a white outline around the edges of the tree on the billboard. This can be avoided by using a background that is the avereage color of the image like this:

Attached Files:

8. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Looks nice.

I would add a few directional lights: Make the main sun nice and warm, and add 1-2 fill lights which are dark violet.

Worked great for gooball.

9. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

All those trees have white outline all over the place, looks really bad up close. Since I am not going to let the player get close to the tree, I was thinking of just fixing it a little bit and do a smooth look at the FPS.

Hmm, right now I have four directional lights, will experiment with some more or less and see what happens :)

Thanks,
    Ray