Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Cargo Ship 3D Model

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by roger0, May 10, 2018.

1. roger0

roger0

Hello. I am building a cargo container spaceship that will eventually be released in the asset store. I would like to get some feedback on the design. What do you think of the shape of the front and back? What would you add to make it cooler? I wanted to give it a sort of skeletal/ Vulnerable design to show that its not a combat ship like alot of other spacecraft.

Asset store link
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/space/cargo-spaceship-121046

OP pictures have been updated

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    terrapinbear and JFI66 like this.
  2. terrapinbear

terrapinbear

3. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I think the shape looks good. Except the cockpit, its a bit too pill shaped i think. I would ask if the front is going to be detachable from the cargo body and will there be an interior? There's a real lack of spaceships on the store that are both interior and exterior. I really like the detail on the outside scaffolding. It looks really nice.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Looks nice, but other than that, scaffold and stairs don't makes sense for a spaceship.
    Unless you are assume dock is under some form of gravity. For which some potential Asset customers may don't like it.

I would like to see actual thrusters of some sort, for controlling orientation and horizontal/vertical positioning.

5. roger0

roger0