Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardboard with multiple "heads"

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by cowlinator, Jan 6, 2015.

1. cowlinator

cowlinator

Has anyone gotten the cardboard sdk to work with multiple "head" prefabs (camera rigs)? I turned off the one under CardboardMain and added 2 others (one with depth-only, etc). It runs fine in the editor, but on Android devices, it fails to render anything after the first frame and gives me buffer and EGL errors.

2. dolims

dolims

Yep, I've gotten it to work. In the SDK's demo scene, I put a little "rear view mirror" in the upper left of the screen, using a stereo rig facing backwards. Never ran into any buffer/EGL errors. Could be you have to make sure only one of the Main Cameras is actually tagged "MainCamera". Could you post some log snippets?

3. cowlinator

cowlinator

I figured this out shortly after I asked. I had tried to delete the cardboard "head" childed under the "CardboardMain" prefab (the one with the Cardboard script), because I was not using it. Cardboard didn't like that. So I instead turned off the "head" gameObject under "CardboardMain".

Thanks dolims