Search Unity

Cardboard SDK question - difference play mode in Unity and on the device

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AlexM202020, Feb 2, 2016.

1. AlexM202020

AlexM202020

Hello, I'm new to Unity and VR development. I downloaded Cardboard sample project and SDK from https://developers.google.com/cardboard/unity/.

Sample project works fine both in Unity in play mode (I'm able to change camera view by Ctrl or Alt + mouse) and built for Android on Sony Z Android 5.1. My own project is not fully - in play mode in Unity I'm able to simulate head rotation by Ctrl or Alt + mouse, however, on device (Sony Z) the app does not react to head movement at all.

What could cause that difference? Thank you for your help!

P.S. there is other difference - when I start app on device held in portrait mode, Sample starts in landscape (rotated) from the start (Unity logo), my app logo not rotated and screen divided by vertical line (when I rotate device, app reacts to it).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. MaxB

MaxB

Do you have ADB setup to debug device output? My first guess would be that there's an exception on launch.

3. Kachanouski

Kachanouski

Do you solve this problem? I have the same issue when i switch on carbod my camera starts to see down but i see launch and can rotate view using compass in phone. When i rotate camera and it starts to look in right direction launch dosent show and rotate use compass doesnt work.