Search Unity

Cardboard, rendering doesn't look right.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by LukasO, Jan 21, 2016.

1. LukasO

LukasO

Hi

I'm, Trying to make a cardboard app but I seem to notice even copying the demo project from Google's samples that although it works, I and my colleagues seem to have issues with double vision and the stereo effect not looking correct.

Are there any suggested settings or any particular reasons why this would be the case? Comparing my cardboard application to released applications, I can notice quite a difference. The documentation is not particularly fantastic either.

Thanks,

2. SniperEvan

SniperEvan

In the Editor find the Cardboard component on the player / camera. What phone size is it targeting? If its targeting a phone with different dimensions than what you're building to that could be the issue.

3. LukasO

LukasO

As far as I'm aware that's just for the editor window isn't it?

4. SniperEvan

SniperEvan

I'm not sure. A few weeks ago I had an issue where things were sort of "out of allignment" (as if the eyes were the wrong distance apart) and I think this was how I fixed it. I could be totally wrong. Let me know if you find out.

5. LukasO

LukasO

Will try it but I think it's unlikely as otherwise you can't release an app for more than one phone type. Not without the rendering being incorrect for someone.